Acne is one of the most irritating scars that people with different types of skin have on their faces. When the active acne is treated, it leaves small scars on the face, which doesn’t look healthy. These scars are usually dark, and thus, makeup of any kind might not hide them effectively. Since the ideal example of beauty in people consist of a fresh face, a permanent solution to acne scars becomes necessary. Medical professionals often opt for lasers to execute effective acne scar treatment that offers durable results.
What are LASERS?
An acronym for the phrase, “Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation,” lasers are known to be one of the most effective techniques to treat several conditions. The light emitted from such devices is targeted into the skin to heal the tissues and enhance the production of collagen.
Things to Keep in Mind While Opting for Laser Treatment
Some of the most common types of lasers used in the treatment of acne scars include Fractional Co2, Co2, Dermarollers/Dermapens, and IPL (Intense Pulsed Light). Having said so, there are a few things you keep in mind at all times.
- Trained Professionals: The results that you derive from the procedure are the effect of how well trained the medical practitioner is. Visiting a board-certified doctor is crucial should you want to get the most effective results at only a few sittings.
- Mandatory Doctor Appointment: Never self-diagnose yourself and decide that you would require laser treatment for the scars without consulting your doctors. The consultation with an experienced professional about your issue would also determine if lasers are the way to go or would you require any other treatment. In that case, they would also let you know which kind of lasers would be the best for you. Open up about your entire medical history so that you get the best treatment.
- Sun Protection: You cannot go for laser treatment with tanned skin. The settings on the laser typically depend on the colour of your skin, and so, you would have to be very careful and not get tanned. Otherwise, you may risk skin discolouration or burns. That is why it is always recommended that you protect yourself from the sun before and after the treatment to make the most of it.
- Lifestyle Changes: The effects of a laser acne scar treatment depend a lot on the lifestyle you have led so far and how you would be living immediately after the treatment. To ensure optimum results, you have to make a few adjustments to your life. Some of which includes quitting smoking at least two weeks before the treatment, intake of vitamin E, aspirin, and other supplements, usage of skincare products.
- Number of Sittings: This is to note that no matter how highly trained the doctor you are visiting is, the recovery period of the treatment depends mostly on the severity of the condition. When you go for your consultation, talk to the professional about your condition and take an estimate on the number of sittings you might have to wait for results. Do not get impatient after the treatment and keep following the post-treatment instructions.
The ABHRS Certified Doctors of Saraswat Hospital
To get quick and effortless results out of the procedure, you need to visit board-certified doctors. Saraswat Hospital, Agra, is run by Dr Preeti and Dr Satya Saraswat, both of whom are diplomates of the American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery (ABHRS) and trained in laser treatments.
Dr Preeti Saraswat is a well-known cosmetologist who has received her Clinical Cosmetology degree from the University of Greifswald (Germany). Dr Satya Saraswat, on the other hand, is a Gold Medalist plastic surgeon who has MBBS, DNB, MS, and M.Ch degrees to his name.
Conclusion: If you are looking for acne scar treatment, there can be nothing better than opting for lasers. Keeping all these things in mind can only help you in getting the best from the treatment. Should you want to get in touch with the doctors and book a consultation with them, dial +91-9690039999.