Active Acne Treatment India
Acne vulgaris is the most common of all cutaneous disorders and occurs in more than 85% of adolescents.
Acne is caused by the enlargement and obstruction of oily glands by bacteria in the skin. Acne occurs when the pores on your skin become blocked with oil, dead skin, or bacteria. Each pore on your skin is the opening to a follicle. The follicle is made up of a hair and a sebaceous (oil) gland. The oil gland releases sebum (oil), which travels up the hair, out of the pore, and onto your skin. The sebum keeps your skin lubricated and soft. Acne is the result of obstruction and inflammation of pilosebaceous units (hair follicles and their accompanying sebaceous gland).
Pathology of acne
- Sebaceous glands hyperactivity
- Pilosebaceous duct obstruction
- Bacterial colonization and inflammation
Acne can be found anywhere on your body. It most commonly develops on the face, back, neck, chest, and shoulders. If you have acne, you will typically notice pimples that are white or black in appearance. Both blackheads and whiteheads are known as comedones. Blackheads open at the surface of the skin giving them a black appearance. Whiteheads are closed just under the surface of the skin, giving them a white appearance. A whitehead becomes a blackhead when it enlarges until a dark plug protrudes through the skin surface The color is due to melanin and oxidized lipids, not dirt.While whiteheads and blackheads are the most common types of acne, other lesions can occur. Inflammatory lesions are more likely to cause scarring of the skin and include the following:
- Papules — small red, raised bumps caused by infected hair follicles
- Pustules — small red pimples that have pus at their tips
- Nodules — solid, painful lumps that are beneath the surface of the skin
- Cysts — infections found beneath the skin that contain pus and are often painful
Acne should be treated as soon as possible as acne is more likely to go on to a scar if it is left untreated.Acne skin disorders for some people can fuel concern. Self-esteem and quality of life may also suffer. But there are presently effective treatments available to treat active acne using marin fluid acne laser treatment.
A few facts about acne:
- More severe in males than in females
- Genetic background plays a role
- Commonly involved areas are those with the highest concentration of sebaceous glands; the face, neck, chest, shoulders, and upper back
- The most common trigger is puberty, when surges in androgen stimulate sebum production and hyperproliferation of keratinocytes
- Other triggers include hormonal changes that occur with pregnancy or throughout the menstrual cycle; occlusive cosmetics, cleansing agents, and clothing; and humidity and sweating
- Acne may improve in summer months because of sunlight’s anti-inflammatory effects
- Drugs such as isoniazid, glucocorticoids, oral contraceptives, androgens (e.g., testosterone), iodides, bromides and danazol are contributory factors
- Others: Emotional stress can definitely cause exacerbations
- Occlusion and pressure on the skin, such as by leaning face on hands, very important and often unrecognized exacerbating factor (acne mechanica)
- Acne is not caused by chocolate or fatty foods or, in fact, by any kind of food
Our Skin Care Specialists are friendly and understanding and will provide helpful detailed information on the acne treatment during your Consultation and answer any queries you may have and recommend a course of treatments to your individual needs and recommend you the after care.
If you wish to go ahead with the treatment, she will book you in for the skin Test Patch which can usually be carried out immediately after your consultation.
Our peel treatment for active acne has been approved by our physician.
Whatever your personal requirements may be, we can provide the leading consultants, techniques, products and facilities for your treatment.
Apart from medical therapy which is given for prevention of fresh crop of acne, we also can suggest a therapeautic chemical peel for your acne. Further maintenance therapy is given with a time chart.