Body Hair Transplant in India
A body hair transplant is opted for when a patient does not have an adequate number of hair follicles on the donor area of their scalp. In such cases, hair grafts are collected from other parts of the body such as the beard, shoulder, arms, chest, legs, stomach, etc.
Saraswat Hospital in Agra is a leading clinic for body hair transplant in India. This kind of procedure is an advanced form of a typical FUE hair transplant method. Hair follicles are directly extracted from the selected donor region of the body using a low-torque, low-RPM FUE machine. The follicular grafts collected are then implanted onto the recipient area of the scalp to complete the transplantation procedure.
It is an ideal way to treat patients with complete baldness or those who have insufficient donor hairs on their scalp. Body hair transplants give natural-looking results.
Indications of Undergoing a Body Hair Transplant
At Saraswat Hospital, we perform a thorough physical examination to determine if a patient is suitable for a body hair transplant or not. We use a software-based Trichoscopy Analysis to evaluate the hair and scalp health and to get an estimate of the number of follicles required to reach the desired hair density. This analysis helps our doctors in deciding whether a patient needs to undergo a body hair transplant method.
Some common indications are:
- Patients who measure Grade 6 or above on the Norwood Hamilton Hair Loss Scale
- Patients who have undergone failed hair restoration surgeries previously
- Patients who want to hide their donor area scar post a FUT hair transplant
- Patients who need to combine a regular hair transplant with a body hair transplant to improve the coverage and hair density on their scalp
Benefits of a Body Hair Transplant in India
- Get an endless pool of donor hair allowing patients with severe baldness to be potential candidates
- Always have donor hair left for future hair transplant surgeries if required
- Surgeons can go for a more definitive design as the hair follicles from the body have a finer texture
- No linear scarring and an extremely quick recovery time
- Ideal method for performing eyelash and eyebrow transplantation
- Making good use of the unwanted body hair
Ideal candidate for Body Hair Transplant
Body hair transplant in India is a specialised technique of hair transplant. To decide if a patient is eligible or not, the doctors rely upon a special kind of method. This is known as the TDI (Torso Donor Index) which is a culmination of five criteria that include:
- The density of hair being > 40 FUs per square centimetre
- The similarity between the hair found in the head and body
- The number of follicular units with 2 to 3 follicles
- The size of the donor area
- The natural length of the body hair
For a patient to be eligible for a body hair transplant, the TDI results must measure between 5 to 8 or more. If the results are below 4, then the patient is not an ideal candidate for the procedure.
Procedure for a Body Hair Transplant Surgery
A body hair transplant is typically performed through an advanced Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) technique. To prepare for the surgery, patients have to shave their donor area 2-7 days before the procedure. This is to ensure that only the strongest hair is used and only those in their active growth (Anagen) phase are extracted.
At Saraswat Hospital in Agra, our hair transplant experts administer local anaesthesia to perform the procedure. The surgery is divided into 2 separate time blocks – the extraction of grafts and the placement of grafts.
To extract the follicular grafts from the donor area, straight and small punch excisions are made with a low-RPM, low-torque device of 0.9mm to 1mm in size. The wounds in the area typically heal within 4 to 5 days and don’t leave any visible linear scars in their place.
The harvested grafts may need extra refinement in the process of removing excess skin or fat from their roots before being transplanted to the recipient area. Once done, these grafts are then implanted in the recipient balding site on the scalp.
Body Hair Transplant Helps in Scar Repair
If you have gone through a major accident that caused scarring or had a previously botched-up hair transplant surgery rendering you without any donor hair, then a body hair transplant offers you great relief for your condition.
At Saraswat Hospital, we provide the best body hair transplant in India for corrective surgery on slot formations, strip scars, unsightly punch grafting marks, or hairline scars from a flap surgery.
Cost Of Body Hair Transplant
A body hair transplant surgery is much more complicated than a typical FUE or FUT hair transplant. The harvesting of hair grafts extracted from the body takes up much more time. The entire procedure needs a highly skilled surgeon along with some specialist equipment.
All these factors combined mean that the cost of a body hair transplant is higher in comparison to a normal hair transplant. The final cost of the procedure depends on the number of hair follicles extracted and implanted during the surgery. Other influential factors include the qualification and experience of your surgeon and the reputation of the hair transplant clinic.
At Saraswat Hospital in Agra, we provide body hair transplant in India at affordable pricing.
Post-operative Care & Results
The post-op care instructions for the recipient area in the scalp remain the same as in a normal hair transplant. some things to keep in mind:
- Keep your head in an elevated position for the first 2 days.
- Lay down flat while sleeping. Do not lay on your side or on your stomach.
- Avoid head showers for the first 48 hours.
- Avoid strenuous activities like exercise or jogging.
- Avoid high temperatures and sweating. So, no sauna or spa for 7 days.
- Avoid direct exposure to the sun in the first week.
- No swimming for 2 weeks.
- Do not wear a hat or tight clothing that needs to be worn from the head.
Care instruction for the donor area: Apply a dressing done with antibiotic cream on the donor area of the body. The wound should be covered for the first 7 days. Once the area heals, no bandaging is required after a week.
The results of a body hair transplant take longer to be seen than a normal hair transplant. The regrowth of the transplanted hair follicles starts 3-4 months after the procedure. The full results are only visible 12-18 months after the surgery.
Body Hair Transplant at Saraswat Hospital
Saraswat Hospital offers the best treatment for body hair transplant in India, headed by two highly qualified and experienced hair transplant surgeons, Dr. Satya Saraswat and Dr. Preeti Saraswat.
Dr. Satya Kumar Saraswat is an MBBS with MS, M.Ch, and DNB in plastic and cosmetic surgery. He is a member of several international boards including ABHRS and ISHRS and specializes in all kinds of hair restoration procedures.
Dr. Preeti Saraswat is an MBBS and PGDCC from the University of Greifswald, Germany. She is a full member of the ABHRS and ISHRS and is also associated with the Indian Association of Cosmetic Laser Surgeons, the Indian Medical Association and the American Academy of Aesthetic Medicine (AAAM).