Hair Transplant Cost in India
As one of the most neglected parts of our body, hair loss in the form of Androgenetic Alopecia is a common condition faced by a lot of people who can make anyone under-confident. There are various remedies available as a cure for hair loss, but most of them are temporary. The only permanent solution to Androgenetic Alopecia is hair transplant surgery. In today’s time, hair transplant surgery is performed through various techniques to achieve the desired outcomes based on patient conditions. The final hair transplant cost in India,irrespective of the technique the surgeon opts for, depends on a myriad of factors.
What are the Techniques for Hair Transplant Surgery Performed at Saraswat Hospital?
At Saraswat Hospital, we perform a wide range of the latest hair transplant surgery techniques in India. These include:
- Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT)
- Follicular Unit Excision (FUE)
- Body Hair Transplantation
- Special Area Hair Transplantation
- Beard and Moustache Hair Transplantation
- Combination (FUT+FUE)
- Long Hair Transplantation
- Repair Hair Transplantation.
What is the Cost According to the Hair Transplantation Technique?
- Follicular Unit Excision: In this minimally-invasive method, a micro-punch device is used to directly extract the individual hair follicles from the healthy donor area of the patient’s scalp (back of the head) before implanting them to the recipient site. The extraction and implantation can happen in multiple sittings if the patient is suffering from extreme baldness and there are more hair follicles required.
- Follicular Unit Transplantation: Also known as strip surgery or Linear Excision Method, in this method, a strip of healthy hair-bearing scalp is taken from the donor area before slivering it into individual follicular units and then implanting them to the balding region.
- Body Hair Transplant: In this method, performed using the FUE technique, follicular units are directly extracted from the back of the head and implanted to the part of the body (eyelashes, moustache, beard, eyebrows) suffering from balding. The cost of hair transplant in India for this type is typically determined after the Trichoscopy Analysis.
What contributes to the cost of hair transplant in India?
The cost of hair transplant in India primarily depends on the number of grafts that are to be extracted, to be calculated at the price of each graft plus GST. It is not always possible to accurately mention the amount that would be required for the procedures during online consultations, because the final sum can only be confirmed once the graft harvesting is complete. We are invested to bring you top-grade services such as certified surgeons, high-quality single-use equipment, and state-of-the-art technology, all of this while maintaining the Standard Safety Procedures (SOPs). The factors that contribute to the final cost of hair transplant in India at Saraswat Hospital include:
- The number of grafts required for the transplantation procedure
- The area of baldness that is required to be treated through the surgery
- The number of sessions required to complete the procedure
- The technique used for the transplant procedure
- The texture of hair and the direction of the hair loss and growth of the patient
- The extent of hair loss the patient is dealing with, as per the Norwood-Hamilton scale
- The expectations of the patient from the hair transplant surgery
- The presence of irregularities (if any) in the area to be transplanted
- Cost per Graft that has been extracted
Do You Decide Which Hospital to Opt for Based on Cost Alone?
Hair transplant surgery is an aesthetic surgery that leaves a direct impact on the way a patient looks. A crucial but usually ignored part that plays a role in determining the final cost of the hair transplant procedure is the surgeon specialities. Some of the factors that are to be considered before choosing the clinic for a consultation for the surgery include:
- The aesthetic skills and experience of the doctor
- The standard of the clinic, including the infrastructure and equipment
- The qualification and experience of the technicians helping with the same
- Before/After pictures and success stories of real-life previous patients of the clinic
At Saraswat Hospital our doctors are certified by the ABHRS (American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery) and the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery (ISHRS). With over seventeen years of experience in the field, our doctors are well-aware of all the risks associated with the procedure. Approaching the best hair transplant surgeons will also increase the cost, for sure, but the outcome will be satisfactory and natural-looking. At Saraswat Hospital, we provide a high-quality service at a competitive rate. Consult us today for details about the cost of hair transplant per graft in India.