Laser Skin Resurfacing India
Also known as skin resurfacing and fractional resurfacing
Laser resurfacing is an emphatic way of reversing the damaging effects of sun exposure, aging and lifestyle habits (such as smoking) on the quality, color and texture of your skin. Resurfacing lasers are either ablative or non-ablative. Ablative lasers use rapid pulses of high -intensity light to remove the damaged higher layers of your skin, thereby smoothing and tightening the skin, removing wrinkles, and correcting pigmentation issues. Non-ablative lasers are non-wounding and less invasive; they act by stimulating collagen growth and tightening the underlying skin.
When to Consider Laser Skin Resurfacing
- If your skin is sun-damaged with wrinkling around your eyes and mouth as well as skin laxity in your lower eyelid area
- If you have experienced irregular changes in your skin color, such as blotchiness or brown spots
- If you have scars that have made the surface of your skin uneven
- If you have certain precancerous skin growths
Many people who consider laser skin resurfacing also consider chemical peels, dermabrasion and facelift.
- Provides skin smoothing as well as skin tightening
- Relatively long-lasting improvements in skin quality and texture can be achieved
- Some devices allow treatment of facial skin as well as skin on the neck, chest and hands
- Abnormal healing with scarring and pigment changes are possible
- Can exacerbate skin disorders, including allergic reactions or cold sores
- The wrinkles caused by movement of your facial muscles will eventually reappear
These are the top three pros and cons to weigh when considering laser skin resurfacing. If you want to focus on what is unique to you, please consult with your aesthetic plastic surgeon.
Am I a good candidate for a laser skin resurfacing?
The following are some common reasons why you may want to consider laser skin resurfacing:
- You have leathery, sun-damaged skin with numerous fine wrinkles
- You have wrinkling around your eyes and skin laxity in your lower eyelid area
- You have vertical wrinkles around your mouth
- Your skin is blotchy with brown spots
- You have scars that have made the surface of your skin uneven
- You have certain precancerous skin growths