Experience the Best Scalp Micropigmentation in India
It’s time to experience the confidence that comes with scalp micropigmentation. Let Saraswat Hospital in Agra help you get a natural and denser appearance for your hair. Apart from world-class hair transplantation services, we offer state-of-the-art scalp micropigmentation in India to camouflage thin hair, create a buzz-cut look for bald patients, or disguise bad FUT scars. SMP can be a saviour for patients who are not suitable for hair transplantation due to various reasons.
Scalp Micropigmentation, SMP, or scalp tattooing, at the Saraswat Hospital, offers realistic and instant results to boost your confidence level. Gone are those days when people used to feel bad and hide from social gatherings due to hair loss issues and baldness. We are here to create perfect, natural-looking micropigmentation results for you. We offer personalised SMP treatments based on the patient’s requirements and goals.
If required, we combine transplantation and tattooing to offer the most satisfactory results. Generally, SMP requires three sittings to show visible results, and one may require a touch-up session in three to five years. Watch this video to get a better understanding:
How does scalp micropigmentation (SMP) work?
Scalp micropigmentation (SMP) is a type of cosmetic procedure that is used to simulate the look of a full head of shaved hair. It works by implanting tiny amounts of pigment into the scalp using a specialised device. The process mimics the appearance of real hair follicles and creates the look of natural and healthy hair growth. The procedure is relatively quick, taking approximately three to four hours to complete.
With SMP, people who are experiencing thinning hair or baldness can create the illusion of a full head of shaved hair, while those with fuller scalp can add depth and density to their hair. Furthermore, this non-surgical treatment is semi-permanent and can last up to several years.
At Saraswat Hospital, one of the best scalp micropigmentation clinics in India, we always conduct an in-depth consultation to craft a personalised treatment plan for each patient. We do not encourage a one-size-fits-all type of solution for the patients. For us, each procedure may take a different amount of time depending on the treatment area. For example, small patches may require as little as an hour, but for hairline reconstruction, our specialists may need four or more hours.
In order to complete the treatment and witness visible changes, patients may require an average of three sittings, spaced 2 and 4 weeks apart. The density will be increased with each treatment to ensure the scalp is accepting the pigment equally and creating a natural layered effect.
Get a small glimpse of how we do scalp micropigmentation in this video-
Who is eligible for scalp micropigmentation?
Scalp micropigmentation is suitable for both men and women who are experiencing hair thinning or baldness. Those suffering from alopecia, male pattern baldness, female pattern baldness, and other forms of hair loss may also find it beneficial. Furthermore, people with naturally fine or sparse hair may opt for SMP as a way to increase their overall hair volume and density.
Let’s check a list of conditions that can be improved with SMP:
- Male and female pattern hair loss
- Receding hairline
- Scar due to a head injury
- Crown hair loss
- Camouflaging scars and burns
- Alopecia conditions
- Damaged hair
- Unavailable donor hair
- Visible FUT scar
- And a look by choice
Who should avoid SMP?
Scalp micropigmentation is an excellent treatment option for people who are unable to receive hair transplantation. However, some people are not advised to undergo this treatment. For instance, if someone is suffering from scalp acne or skin issues like psoriasis, they must avoid scalp micropigmentation during a breakout. This is because it is hard to apply the pigment to the inflamed scalp areas, and the process will not bring the desired results. Apart from this, if someone is prone to developing keloids, he/she is not a suitable candidate for SMP.
Males who have frontal hair loss and want to restore their hairline with SMP while keeping the rest of their hair long, should avoid the procedure. Also, men who have a bald crown area with absolutely no hair are not the ideal candidates for SMP. Moreover, during hair fall, both men and women should avoid SMP. The treatment can only be considered after the hair loss process has stopped.
Can SMP hide FUE or FUT scars?
Scalp micropigmentation is not only beneficial for people who have hair loss or thinning, but it is also an excellent way to achieve excellent FUT scar repair results. For instance, one may get a visible scar on the scalp due to a botched hair transplant surgery or an accident. At Saraswat Hospital, our experts can help with hair transplant scar repair through the SMP treatment. The results will make it hard to identify the scar from the surrounding hair.
SMP effectively evens out the appearance of hair follicles in surgical scar cases, especially for people with short hair. At the same time, people with long hair can get a denser look through SMP. The visibility of the scar will be perfectly concealed, and no one will understand that the person had any procedure done. One can get the same effect if he/she undergoes Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) or Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT).
Scar tissues are quite thick and do not react to pigments as a normal scalp would. For a normal treatment area, patients may undergo three to four sessions of four hours or longer. However, to conceal surgical scars, one may require additional sessions. Our SMP experts will not only focus on the scar area but also consider the surrounding areas to achieve a blended, natural look.
To check out the final FUT scar repair results, you may watch this video:
Is SMP a painful process?
The SMP process may cause some discomfort. However, we take the best care of our patients and do everything possible to offer a comfortable treatment. Our experts use the best-grade topical numbing agent for the treatment area. Still, one may feel a little tingling sensation. However, our experts will help you prepare better and understand what you can expect from the treatment.
General guidelines before and after SMP
There are a few things you must keep in mind to avoid discomfort and achieve the best results.
- You must take a shower before each sitting, as you won’t be able to wash or wet your scalp after the treatment for up to four days.
- Each sitting may require four or more hours, depending on the treatment area.
- The number of sittings will depend on the size of the treatment area. Each sitting will be scheduled two weeks apart.
- After each sitting, you must avoid swimming, visiting steam rooms, and using saunas. After the final treatment, you should avoid all these activities for at least 28 days.
- Avoid exposing the treatment area to direct sunlight for a few days. Wearing a hat is advisable. Less sun exposure means better and long-term retention of results. You should not forget to apply a sunscreen with with an SPF of 30–50.
- After the final sitting, you must avoid doing a heavy workout to prevent sweating.
- It’s important to regularly moisturise the treated area. You can start applying moisturiser after four days of treatment.
Is it possible to do scalp micropigmentation on long hair, especially for women?
In general, people with short hair are considered to be the most suitable candidates for scalp micropigmentation, for it mimics the buzz-cut look. However, women with long hair can get SMP treatment as well.
There are various reasons to cause excessive hair loss, hair thinning, or female pattern baldness in women. These may include genetics, childbirth, changes in birth control measures, hormonal imbalance, nutritional deficiencies, trichotillomania, autoimmune diseases, PCOD/PCOS, and many others.
Women who suffer from female pattern baldness and hair thinning are good candidates for scalp micropigmentation or SMP, for it can create a denser and more natural look. If you want to try SMP in Agra, you must visit Saraswat Hospital for the best experience. Our experts will help you conceal the thinning areas and make them virtually undetectable.
We always use the closest-matching pigment to conceal the thinning areas. Scalp micropigmentation for long hair is highly effective for masking bald patches. Watch this video to learn more about scalp micropigmentation for women from Dr. Preeti Saraswat and view the post treatment results.
The cost of scalp micropigmentation treatment in India
Saraswat Hospital aims to make the scalp micropigmentation treatment accessible to everyone. We use state-of-the-art technologies to obtain the best results. You can get SMP treatment directly from Dr. Satya Saraswat and Dr. Preeti Saraswat – diplomats of the American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery (ABHRS) and members of the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgeons (ISHRS). They have been helping patients with SMP since 2017.
The cost of scalp micropigmentation in India depends on factors such as the type of equipment used, the expertise of the specialist, and the treatment area, among others.
- The ink should be of high quality, have natural ingredients, and be semi-permanent. Needles should be completely sterile and for single use only. Depending on the type of the treatment area, the SMP expert may require more needles. The needle should contain a membrane to prevent any backflow of ink and any contagious disease from spreading among patients.
- To achieve a 3D illusion of an emerging terminal hair follicle, we use a tri-cannulated needle with cannulas. We use a single cannula needle to treat areas near the hairline to create the dimensions of thin hair and match them with the hair present on the hairline.
- SMP is much different than tattoos, and that’s why the machine also differs. Pricks per second, depth, and vibration of the machine directly contribute to the outcome. You won’t get state-of-the-art results with non-calibrated, substandard, and high-vibration machines. The machines that we use at the Saraswat Hospital are imported from the best makers, leading to outstanding results.
The scalp micropigmentation cost also depends on the qualifications and expertise of the team. SMP is a semi-invasive procedure that uses needles to deposit ink on the upper layer of the dermis. It must be done by people who have sound knowledge of the anatomy of the skin and have undergone special training in micropigmentation.
Condition of the treatment area:
The third factor is the condition of the scalp—whether it’s dry, oily, has dandruff, eruptions, or any other issues. A normal scalp without any disease can achieve the best results in the fewest number of sessions. On the other hand, an oily scalp will require more sessions as it tends to push the ink away repeatedly.
When you visit us, we will closely analyse the associated factors and suggest the approximate cost. Depending on the treatment area, the best results may cost you between Rs. 15,000 and Rs. 40,000 per session. We usually consider one-third, two-thirds, and full scalp as the treatment areas and provide affordable packages for the same. For a bulk session of SMP comprising 3 sessions, the cost may range from Rs. 40,000 for one-third of the scalp, Rs. 75,000 for two-thirds of the scalp, and Rs. 1,05,000 for the entire scalp.
To know more about the cost of scalp micropigmentation directly from Dr. Preeti Saraswat, do watch this video:
How long does scalp micropigmentation last?
Scalp micropigmentation offers semi-permanent results. The effect of SMP may last three to five years or longer. The treated area will fade over time as the skin exfoliates itself. The colour may also lighten. The use of an incorrect pigment may cause the colour to change over time. People with very dry skin experience comparatively quicker fading.
How long the results of scalp micropigmentation will last depends on three major factors. Three are the type of ink, the type of scalp, and exposure to sunlight.
- The ink may last from three years up to eight years. Usually, it may last for three to five years.
- Dry scalp tends to flake and exfoliate the pigment at a quicker rate. Oily scalps tend to push away ink faster when SMP ink is deposited. And that’s why patients with oily scalps require more sessions in the beginning but enjoy a long-lasting result. Normal skin retains the ink for the longest time.
- UV rays from the sun tend to disintegrate the ink particles. Hence, patients with baldingscalps who have more exposure to the sun should use sunscreens, hats, or umbrellas to retain the SMP results for a long time.
In order to know more about how long the results of SMP last, watch this latest video from Saraswat Hospital:
How long does SMP take to heal?
After the procedure, you may notice some redness, but it will fade within a few hours. Fortunately, there is no downtime needed after the SMP session. The patient can return to work within the next couple of days after a sitting. It usually takes around 7 to 10 days for the scalp to heal completely.
If you notice redness in the treatment area, it is not alarming. It is only after the scalp has healed completely that another session is scheduled. Between two sessions, enough time should be given to ensure a complete recovery.
Are there any risks or side effects?
This is a non-surgical method that provides the most promising results. However, there are some risks associated with the procedure, which can be avoided altogether if done correctly.
Many people refer to scalp micropigmentation or SMP as a hair tattoo. Remember, SMP is technically different from a hair tattoo. Generally, the tattoo ink goes much deeper into the skin, and artists use a thicker needle for the service. On the other hand, SMP does not go as deeply into the skin as traditional hair tattooing. SMP mainly follows the dotting and pointillism method to deposit tiny ink dots into the skin. SMP is safer and brings more long-lasting results compared to hair tattooing.
However, services like scalp micropigmentation, hair tattoos, and other permanent makeup carry similar risks.
- Someone can be allergic to certain components in the pigment or ink. Organic pigments are mostly hypoallergenic, yet some people can be allergic to certain natural compounds. In order to avoid any kind of side effects or discomfort, we always perform a patch test before the actual SMP procedure.
- Some patients may experience redness in the affected and surrounding areas due to the application of multiple pricks. The redness will fade within a few hours of the treatment.
- There are also some avoidable side effects, such as infection outbreaks due to the use of contaminated tattoo inks, unsterilized needles, or improper SMP technique. Unsterile equipment can transmit infectious diseases like hepatitis, HIV, or certain skin infections caused by staphylococcus bacteria. Proper caution is required to prevent diseases like psoriasisand scaling diseases.
- During an MRI, powerful magnets may cause tingling, swelling, or pain from the metals in the pigments.
It is critical to select the best SMP clinic in India in order to avoid any side effects and achieve the best results. The best clinic always deploys the best tools, and techniques and lets expert surgeons handle SMP treatment cases. View the video to learn more about scalp micropigmentation side effects and how Saraswat Hospital avoids them.
How to fix scalp micropigmentation gone wrong?
Many patients also inquire about how to fix scalp micropigmentation gone wrong. It is important to choose the best SMP clinic to achieve the desired results. The use of substandard equipment and following an incorrect method won’t offer satisfactory results.
Here are some examples of scalp micropigmentation regrets:
- SMP dots are visible and appear to be extending outside the normal hairline.
- Less focus is placed on the size of the treatment area, leading to a botched and unsightly result.
- The pigment does not match your natural hair colour.
- Over time, the pigment turns blue or greenish.
- The scalp looks bald after multiple SMP sessions.
- Unnatural hairline and improper pigment dots.
For bad scalp micropigmentation removal, you can opt for two methods. One is the Q-switch laser method, and the other is the Salt & Saline method. Contact us now to get the best guidance.
To know more about bad SMP results and how to fix them, watch this video:
Why choose Saraswat Hospital for your SMP treatment?
We can give you a host of reasons why you should choose Saraswat Hospital for scalp micropigmentation treatment.
- The best SMP experts
Scalp micropigmentation is very different from body tattooing. In order to provide safe and state-of-the-art results, it is important to have domain knowledge and certifications from leading institutes. The founders of Saraswat Hospital, Dr. Satya Saraswat and Dr. Preeti Saraswat, are diplomats of the American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery (ABHRS) and members of the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgeons (ISHRS). They are specially trained and have been providing SMP treatment since 2017. Apart from them, other members of the staff are trained and licensed.
- Use of advanced technology
We always use next-generation technologies to perform the best treatment procedures for our patients, and do not encourage any kind of substandard practice. Everything is up to date; from the imported digital SMP machine to the tri-cannulated needles. We enable emergency medical resuscitation while monitoring the patient during the procedure.
- Simple appointment scheduling
Saraswat Hospital always uses hi-tech and patient-friendly software for appointment scheduling and management. Patients from across the world can easily book an appointment and get complete information regarding timing, location, helpline numbers, and doctors’ availability. One can dial +91-9258386320 or +91-9690039999 to book an appointment over the phone. Walk-in patients get an appointment on a first-come, first-served basis.
There are many other reasons for choosing us. Once you visit us directly, you will understand the difference yourself.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on Scalp Micropigmentation
Q. When should I contact my SMP provider?
If you notice possible signs of infection after the SMP treatment, you should inform the SMP clinic or doctor as soon as possible. Some signs of infection are:
- Severe pain
- Severe redness
- Pus or drainage
Q. What should I ask my SMP provider before the treatment?
For safe and effective scalp micropigmentation, you must choose a licensed and experienced micropigmentation specialist. You must ask the following questions:
- Am I a suitable candidate for SMP?
- Are all my expectations realistic?
- What are the comforting measures you provide during the procedure?
- What more should I do before and after the treatment?
Q. Is scalp micropigmentation detectable?
If done correctly, the result of SMP can look incredibly real. One can instantly get a denser hair look or buzz-cut look without making everyone around understand the real story. The result depends on the skills and expertise of the scalp micropigmentation team and the use of advanced equipment.
Q. How can I choose a hairline?
There are various types of hairlines that you can choose while consulting with us.
- The featured hairline is suitable for people who want a natural look and a realistic hairline.
- If you need a softer look, you can go for a jagged hairline.
- To get a more youthful look and create the illusion of a full head of hair, a defined hairline can be a good choice.
- A broken hairline is a cross between a jagged and defined hairline.
- You can also create a 3D hair effect with SMP.
To decide on your best-matched hairline, consult us today.
Q. Is SMP compatible with grey hair?
People with grey hair can still undergo the scalp micropigmentation procedure and get amazing results. Generally, most patients are asked to cut their hair to a buzzed length. The grey hair root is also dark. The hair looks grey only when it grows longer. We, at the Saraswat Hospital, use a grey-scale pigment to create a blended look and match accordingly with lighter hair tones.
Q. Can SMP camouflage my transplant scar?
Scalp micropigmentation is a quick and effective way to camouflage hair transplant scars. SMP can easily mask FUE/FUT scars or any other scars caused by accidents. You can watch this video to understand how SMP achieves amazing strip scar repair results:
Q. Where can I get the best SMP treatment in India?
To get the best scalp micropigmentation in India, you should look no further than Saraswat Hospital. It offers safe and state-of-the-art SMP treatment in an affordable manner. People from all over the world travel to India to receive the best SMP treatment at the Saraswat Hospital. You can get the treatment directly from Dr. Satya Saraswat and Dr. Preeti Saraswat. Both are diplomats of the American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery (ABHRS) and members of the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgeons (ISHRS).
Q. Who is the best SMP specialist in India?
When it comes to knowing the best scalp micropigmentation specialist in India, only a few names can be found online. Dr. Satya Saraswat and Dr. Preeti Saraswat are the best names in the world of SMP. They are diplomats of the American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery and members of the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgeons. You can meet them at the Saraswat Hospital to get the best SMP in Agra. They also have clinics in Faridabad, Roorkee, and Dubai. You can send an inquiry email to email@example.com.