Best Rhinoplasty (Nose Job) in Agra, India
Rhinoplasty is also widely known as a “nose job.” It is a special surgical procedure that changes the overall appearance of the nose. People across the globe undergo this surgical procedure for both cosmetic and functional reasons. Cosmetic Rhinoplasty surgery helps to improve the aesthetic appearance of the nose. On the other hand, functional Rhinoplasty helps correct structural defects or injuries that affect a person’s normal breathing ability. The functional Rhinoplasty procedure aims to reshape the bone and cartilage of the nose while also altering the shape and size of the nostrils. At the Saraswat Hospital, expert Rhinoplasty specialists offer customised treatment to each patient based on his or her concerns and goals.
Problems We Can Fix Through Rhinoplasty Surgery
People go for Rhinoplasty or “nose jobs” for various reasons. They may need to repair their noses after an injury to breathe properly or to fix a birth defect. On the other hand, there are people who are not happy with the appearance of their nose and want to improve it through nose job or also known as Rhinoplasty surgery.
The septum is the cartilage running between the nostrils. It should be located centrally to ensure each air passage is about the same size. However, it can be pushed to one side due to injury, or one could be born with uneven passages. Rhinoplasty surgery can fix it.
A prominent hump on the nose bridge may give you the impression that your nose is elevated in it’s middle portion. Untreated traumas can also result in nose humps. Excess cartilage and/or bone is frequently responsible for the hump. However, a Nose Job/Rhinoplasty surgery can effectively remove the hump and reshape the nose.
Rhinoplasty for nose reshaping is a personal choice. Some people feel that their nostrils are too wide, too narrow, or unsatisfying in other ways. Nose job surgery can be used to reshape the nostrils. The best Rhinoplasty surgeon in India at the Saraswat Hospital analyse the entire anatomy and physiology of the nose and performs nostril reshaping surgery. On the other hand, breathing function influences how much your nostrils can be reshaped.
Parrot Beak Nose
A nose with a large dorsal hump and a low or overgrown but hanging tip is known as a ‘parrot beak nose’ or ‘Polly beak deformity nose.’ It occurs due to the over development of the nasal septum. It is not an abnormality, but some people are not happy with the appearance of the nose. Nose straightening can be done by Rhinoplasty and you can get a satisfactory nose appearance.
A nose with an enlarged tip is called a bulbous nose. It creates a prominent imbalance between the upper and lower halves of the nose. Disproportion and imbalance occur if the nasal tip is too wide compared to the nasal bridge. Such deformations result from thick skin at the tip of the nose or enlarged or ill-defined cartilage. Rhinoplasty can fix it.
A low nasal bridge causes the flattening of the top part of the nose. Due to genetic disorders or infections, one person may develop a depressed nose. If you are facing breathing or similar issues or want to improve the appearance of your nose, consult the best Rhinoplasty surgeons in India as soon as possible.
Cleft Nose/ Lip
Cleft lip and cleft palate are the most common birth defects. Due to improper facial structure development in the foetus, a split in the lip or palate may occur. These are isolated birth defects, but they can be associated with many inherited genetic conditions or syndromes. Rhinoplasty surgery can correct the associated nasal appearances, and improve the functionality of the nose.
A broad nasal bridge or widening of the nose base can be associated with some congenital disorders. Rhinoplasty surgery can reshape a wide nose to make it narrower. It can change the shape of the nasal bones and cartilage to contour the nose.
A failed Rhinoplasty surgery does not give patients the desired results. In such situations, patients can opt for secondary Rhinoplasty or corrective Rhinoplasty to alter the form or function of the nose. It is also known as the “revision nose job.”
If you want to try Rhinoplasty to only improve the appearance of your nose rather than your health issues, you should wait until your nasal bones have grown. You can come to the Saraswat Hospital for a checkup to know whether it is the right time to go for Rhinoplasty or not. Here, you will get treatment from one of the best Rhinoplasty specialists in India.
Basic Surgical Anatomy of the Human Nose
It is highly important to understand the details of the anatomy of the nose prior to determining the best Rhinoplasty surgical procedure to be performed on the nose. The human nose comprises various parts, such as nasal bones, cartilage, and soft tissue.
- Nasal bones are there to form the nose bridge, and cartilage forms the shape of the nose.
- Soft tissue and mucosa inside the nose help filter out dirt and moisturize the air we breathe.
- The septum part is made up of both cartilage and bones and divides the nose into two separate nasal cavities.
- The external part of the nose is covered by the skin. More blood vessels and nerves are connected to the skin, making it sensitive.
- The internal part of the nose is lined with mucous membranes. Membranes help to keep foreign particles out while also humidifying and warming the air before it reaches our lungs.
- Air-filled spaces in the nose bone are known as sinuses, and they are also connected to the nasal cavities.
Types of Rhinoplasty
There are several different types of Rhinoplasty, and each type is tailored to address specific concerns or issues with the nose.
Closed Rhinoplasty, or endonasal Rhinoplasty, is a type of Rhinoplasty in which surgeons make all the incisions inside the nostrils. Through this approach, the surgeon can access the internal structure of the nose without leaving any visible scars.
You can expect:
- Less post-operative edema
- Less surgical time
- No visible scar on the incision
- Faster recovery
In open Rhinoplasty or external Rhinoplasty, an incision is made across the columella. This is a small strip of tissue that keeps the nostrils separated. Through this type of nose job surgery, surgeons get direct and detailed access to the internal nose structure.
You can expect:
- Major and precise nose reshaping
- More accurate nasal tip modifications
- Harvesting of septal cartilage
- Results in a more natural-looking and balanced nose shape
Revision Rhinoplasty, also known as “secondary Rhinoplasty,” is used to correct the results of previous surgery. Patients who are not satisfied with the outcome of their initial surgery or experience complications can go for revision Rhinoplasty.
You can expect:
- Further changes or improvements in the appearance of your nose
- Get the touch-up required to eliminate minor issues after initial surgery
- Improvement in the overall appearance of the nose
These are some of the popular types of Rhinoplasty surgery. At Saraswat Hospital, a patient can get any of these surgeries based on his or her requirements and goals.
Eligibility Criteria for Undergoing Nose Surgery in India
Nose cosmetic surgery has a direct effect on the appearance of a patient. One must consult experienced Rhinoplasty specialists before undergoing such a procedure. At Saraswat Hospital, we always ensure that only eligible patients get the required treatment from our experts.
Eligible candidates for Rhinoplasty also meaning nose surgery in India include those who:
- Are not smokers
- Have completed facial growth
- Are physically healthy
- Have a positive mindset toward the treatment
- Have realistic goals and expectations out of the procedure
- Willing to take proper care after the surgery
Rhinoplasty Procedure: Preparation, Procedure, & Recovery
To prepare for the surgery procedure, our international board-certified experts will discuss some crucial factors with the patient, which include:
Our preparation phase includes the following steps:
Medical history of the patient
During the first face-to-face consultation, our surgeons will inquire about the medical history of the patient. The patient must share information like a history of nasal obstruction, previous surgeries, and current medication details. The patient should also be informed about any out-of-the-ordinary traits, such as bleeding disorders like hemophilia. It allows us to determine whether or not the patient is a good candidate for nose surgery.
Physical examination of the patient
Once the medical history is noted by our experts, we will move the procedure forward for a detailed physical examination. This step includes performing blood and other lab tests for each patient. Without being 100% sure about the eligibility of the patient, we do not perform any kind of nose surgery. To determine the facial structure and the most effective treatment technique, we thoroughly check the inside and outside of the nose. We also check the thickness of your skin and cartilage to determine the success of the Rhinoplasty procedure.
Food and Medications
We suggest patients avoid medications that contain aspirin or ibuprofen for 14 days before and after the Rhinoplasty surgery. These medications may increase the chance of bleeding. You should only take medications suggested by your surgeon. At this time, you should also avoid herbal medicines and over-the-counter supplements. Patients should also stop smoking otherwise it may delay their healing process and develop the risks of infection.
The desired results
Being one of the best clinics for plastic surgery in India, we always put our best effort into discussing the reason for undergoing any surgery, likenose plastic surgery. We discuss the procedure and possible outcomes in detail so that the patient can set clear expectations. We have a large nose cosmetic surgery portfolio with before and after photos. We explain everything to our patients so that they understand what they can gain from the surgery. Being on the same page with our experts helps patients achieve satisfactory results.
- Depending on the complexity of the surgery and the condition of the patient, we administer general anaesthesia to perform a nose job, also meaning Rhinoplasty. Rhinoplasty surgeries do not have an ordered series of steps. Each surgery is unique and customised according to the specific anatomy and requirements of the patient.
- Rhinoplasty surgery can be done through an incision (a small external cut) at the base of your nose and between the nostrils. Surgeons will readjust the bone and cartilage underneath the skin. We mostly follow open rhinoplasties. The expert performance of our surgeons and the use of advanced equipment ensure minimal scars, better outcomes, and faster recovery.
- Expert Rhinoplasty surgeons at the Saraswat Hospital can reshape the nasal bones or cartilage in several ways based on the patients’ requirements. In order to make small changes, the surgeons may use the cartilage taken from deep inside your ear or nose. In cases of large changes, the surgeon may collect cartilage from your rib, bone, or other parts of your body. Following these modifications, the surgeons reattach the skin and tissues to the nose and stitch the cut.
- If the septum is bent or crooked, Rhinoplasty specialists can correct it and improve breathing. After the surgery, the patient will be in the recovery room, and the staff will monitor the patient’s wakefulness. Patients may get released on the same day or need to stay for one or two more days for recovery.
Recovery & Aftercare
Our Doctor will advise you on post-operative care at Saraswat Hospital. You should take 3 days to one week off from work. Generally, patients feel better each day during the first week after the surgery.
After the procedure, there will be some swelling. In some cases, the swelling may take many months to resolve. Most people can return to work after a week of rest.
- Once the nose surgery is done, the patient should take complete bed rest with the head raised higher than the chest to avoid swelling or bleeding.
- The internal dressing part should be handled by experts only.
- One should avoid blowing the nose and strenuous activities during recovery time.
- Long showers are not suggested. Small baths are suitable for most patients.
- It is important to eat high-fiber foods to avoid constipation and surgery site strain.
- One should avoid laughing and other extreme facial expressions.
- Brushing and talking carefully to limit upper lip movement.
- One should wear loose clothes or front-buttoned clothes to easily wear and remove them.
- Not wearing any sunglasses or spectacles for at least four weeks after the surgery.
- One can use high-SPF sunscreen to prevent discoloration issues.
The Cost of Rhinoplasty Surgery in India at Saraswat Hospital
Nose job cost in INR:
|Stay in Hospital
|Parrot Beak Nose
|As per deformity (Please mail us your pics for assessment)
Note: The final Rhinoplasty cost may vary by up to 10-20% depending on the duration of the surgery.
Risks and Complications of Rhinoplasty
All surgical procedures carry some risks, such as infection, a bad reaction to anesthesia, bleeding, and so on. Rhinoplasty may increase your chances of
- Difficulty in breathing
- A numb nose
- An asymmetrical nose
Occasionally, patients may not be satisfied with the result or may develop some Rhinoplasty side effects. However, the second surgery option is always there, but you must wait until your nose is fully healed. For complete healing after a nose reshaping surgery, one might need to wait a year.
Does Rhinoplasty Really Work?
Rhinoplasty surgery in India, or elsewhere, has a good success rate. It can alter the size, shape, or proportions of one’s nose. If done correctly by expert Rhinoplasty surgeons, it can solve certain breathing issues and improve the appearance of the nose.
The success rate of surgery depends on the surgeon’s expertise and the clinic’s advancement. According to medical literature, approximately 10 to 15% of patients may need Rhinoplasty revision. So, Rhinoplasty surgery has a satisfactory success rate. However, the success rate can go higher if the procedure is performed by internationally-certified plastic surgeons like Dr. Satya Saraswat. He is a member of the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS), the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), and the Association of Plastic Surgeons of India. He is MBBS, MS, MCh in Plastic & Cosmetic Surgery & a DNB Gold Medalist Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeon with around 20 years experience in the field of Cosmetic surgeries. He has performed more than 13,000+ Plastic & Cosmetic surgeries till the end of year 2022.
Rhinoplasty Before and After Results
The result of Rhinoplasty surgery is long-lasting. Initially, you may experience some swelling, and within two to three weeks, it will disappear. It may take up to a year for patients’ new nasal contours to fully develop. During this phase, patients notice gradual changes in their nose’s appearance as it refines to a more permanent outcome.
With age, it is normal to experience some facial changes, including the nose. Apart from the signs of aging, most of the improvements will be relatively permanent. A healthy lifestyle with constant sun protection can help extend the results of your new nose’s appearance.
At Saraswat Hospital, we have helped many people alter their noses’ appearance and fix their deformities. Be it improving breathing functionality or enhancing your nose’s appearance– we can do everything possible via Rhinoplasty using the latest medical technologies. Visit this page to seeRhinoplasty before and after results: https://www.saraswathospital.com/before-after-photos-agra/Rhinoplasty-nose-job/. And Check a video testimonial here:
Why Should You Choose Saraswat Hospital for Your Nose Job?
Rhinoplasty is a complex surgical procedure, and only experienced specialists can perform it safely and ensure a great outcome. Being one of the best clinics for plastic surgery in the industry, we follow the best practices to ensure good results.
- You will get treated by board-certified doctors. Dr. Satya Saraswat is a member of the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS), the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), the Association of Plastic Surgeons of India (APSI). Dr. Satya Saraswat was awarded a Gold medal in DNB (for Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery) in March 2008 by the then Hon. Health Minister of India, Mr. Ambumani Ramadoss.
- We use the best tools and technologies to offer the best treatment possible. We do not use any substandard or unsterile equipment during the procedure. All our equipment sets are imported from leading manufacturers globally.
- We have helped many people get their desired results. We do not promise anything that is beyond achievable. We help to set clear expectations. We educate the patient about the entire process.
- Along with the surgery procedure, we provide the same amount of effort for post-surgery care. Our team will guide each patient in his or her post-surgery recovery journey. We are prompt in responding—patients can connect with us at any time.
- Our appointment scheduling procedure is easy and requires no waiting period. You can instantly book an appointment and meet us the next day. We also accept walk-in patients.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about Rhinoplasty
1. Is Rhinoplasty Painful?
The patient won’t feel any pain during the surgery, as we always provide general anesthesia before performing the surgery. However, when the effect of anesthesia fades, the patient might feel the effects of surgery. Some patients also experience a pain level of 0 to 4 out of 10.
2. How Long Does Nose Surgery Take?
A nose job is a complex plastic surgery procedure that requires specialised skills. The total duration of the surgery depends on the current condition of the nose, the type of surgery, and the desired results from the procedure. If the patient has minor surgery, he or she can be discharged from the hospital the same day. However, in major surgeries, patients might have to stay for a day for complete monitoring. The surgical procedure requires approximately 1 to 4 hours.
3. Does Rhinoplasty Offer Permanent Results?
Yes, if done correctly, Rhinoplasty can bring you permanent results. In order to enjoy desired results, you must contact expert Rhinoplasty surgeons with several years of experience in the field.
4. How Long Does the Recovery Process Take?
The recovery time may vary from person to person; however, most patients can return to work within one to two weeks. If you want to resume strenuous activities, it is better to consult with our experts. They will guide you in aftercare and let you know when you can resume all your activities.
5. Is Rhinoplasty Suitable During Pregnancy?
A nose job is not recommended during the pregnancy and post-delivery phases. The hormonal changes during and after pregnancy can affect the healing procedure. Additionally, some women experience swollen nasal passages during pregnancy, making it difficult for surgeons to assess the underlying structure and develop an accurate surgical plan.