Best Beard Transplant in India
Hair Transplant Procedures for Men
Facial hair growth, unevenness, or even the lack of it could be a result of either scarring or genetics. A recent study found that as many as 45% of men are unhappy with the patchiness in their beard and sideburns.
In many cultures, facial hair is a sign of status and masculinity and men are now seeking versatility in it. The ability to grow a full and dense designer stubble or statement whiskers, allows them to change their look and presence whenever they like.
What makes such non-scalp hair transplant procedures possible is the use of follicular unit grafting and more recently, follicular unit extraction (FUE). The FUE technique, being a minimally invasive procedure, is mostly used to restore hair density on different areas of the face. The best beard transplant in India procedure can take between 3 to 9 hours to complete, depending on the area to be treated, and the amount of hair required.
How Do We Perform The Best Beard Hair Transplant in India?
The type of hair transplant procedure to be conducted is individualized according to the requirements of each patient.
During the best beard transplant in India, certain design characteristics tend to be more commonly chosen and are more aesthetic looking. This usually includes the formation of a strong goatee and a sideburn; the choice between a cheek portion that is wide/high or narrower as a “strap beard” that runs along the jawline.
During the beard hair transplant procedure, the doctor locates the ‘stable zone area’ at the side or back of the head. This is used as a donor space for the beard, moustache, and sideburns. The finer hair is typically needed for a beard transplant where the donor space is found at the sides of the head. If the patient is balding or is completely bald, it is also possible to use body hair, such as the chest area, as the donor.
The FUE, best beard transplant in India procedure is a walk-in walk-out surgery where only local anaesthesia is used to ensure minimal downtime. Once the donor space is found, every follicle is taken out one at a time using ‘punches’ to cut in and around the follicle. The shape of the tools will depend upon the shape of the follicles required – the finer the hair the smaller the ‘punch’. This part of the process is completed much discreetly and will be unnoticeable.
Once this is completed, local anaesthesia is administered to the areas of the face that requires hair transplant. Careful and skilful attention is used to ensure the extracted hair is implanted, one follicle at a time, at the right angle to give the highest density and most natural-looking results.
For the chest, the densest area, most commonly, is over the sternum.
How to Progress Beard Growth After Hair Transplant Procedure
The progress of facial hair growth after the best beard transplant in India depends mainly on genetics, where some men simply grow a beard faster than others. However, there are a few things you can do to speed up the process, without undergoing any surgical procedures or painful operations. A healthy lifestyle can greatly influence beard growth, so making minor changes in your routine can help you have a nice, long beard:
- Wash your beard with mild baby shampoo at least once a week. This will stimulate the hair roots while nourishing your hair.
- Use a moisturizer and exfoliator daily. This cleans the hair follicles and prevents ingrown hair.
- Avoid stress, since it considerably slows down hair growth. Try doing yoga or meditation once a week.
- Sleep at least eight hours a day as sleep deprivation makes hair grow weak.
- Drink at least eight cups of water a day. This will moisturize your hair and help it grow faster.
- Trim the ends of your beard often. This makes hair grow strong and prevents split ends.
- Eat foods such as fish, potatoes, red meat, poultry and cheese. These have high amounts of vitamin B6, B12 and protein, which greatly stimulate hair growth.
Graft Calculation For Non-Scalp Area Hair Transplant Procedures
For the Best Beard Transplant in India
- 250 grafts per sideburn
- 350 to as many as 750 grafts per side cheek beard
- 550-750 grafts for full goatee/moustache versus 300-350 grafts for a much thinner goatee/moustache
For Chest Transplants
- A light coverage of a restricted area 1500-3000 grafts
- More than 3800 grafts required for more extensive areas for reasonable coverage, sometimes requiring a repeat sitting if you demand more density.
- Extension of the chest coverage into the abdomen and below the umbilicus (the happy trail) can add 500- 1200 grafts.
Pubic Area Counts
- 350 -450 grafts for the narrow “landing strip” or filling in smaller areas of hair loss
- Often as many as 1500 or more grafts
For The Axilla
- 100 -200 grafts can make a good difference
- We have done as many as 400 grafts per side
Eyebrows and Eyelashes
Anaesthetic Do’s and Don’ts
- Mostly local anaesthetic cream is used.
- After 40 minutes of its application, the fine needle prick is given under the cover of the vibration device to minimize the pain.
- Precautions are given to keep the area dry for the first five days after which light washing with soap and water is advised.
- Antibiotics and analgesics are given.
- Shaving of beard is permitted at about a week, the time when transplanted hairs usually fall off with crusts.
Our Medical Team
ABHRS certified Dr. Satya Saraswat (D.N.B, M.S, M.Ch) is one of the most sought after hair transplant specialists in Agra, having carried out over 3,000 procedures till date. He has spent years perfecting the advanced method of FUE hair transplant to ensure better results with minimal downtime. He is the leading authority on FUE hair transplant procedures in Agra and has successfully helped many men get the results they hoped for. He can also correct the problems and scarring that has been caused by previous hair transplant treatments. Dr Satya Saraswat’s meticulous attention to detail comes from his personal experience in dealing with hair loss and his desires to achieve the best results for every patient.