Laser Hair Removal Agra, India
Do you suffer from unwanted hair in your body?
In that case, you may seek hair removal for any of these causes:
- Increase in hair growth or hypertrichosis that is not androgen-dependent. It may be caused by the intake of certain medications like cortisone, or a variety of diseases such as porphyria, thyroid disorders, etc.
- Hirsutism, or the growth of terminal hair in women in androgen-dependent areas of the body such as upper lip, chin, or chest. The most common cause of hormonal excess is PCOD- polycystic ovarian disease, estimated to occur in 1-5% of the female population of reproductive age. It may be accompanied by acne, androgenetic alopecia, and acanthosis nigricans.
- Hair bearing flaps used for reconstruction of any site may contain unwanted hair that may interfere with normal function. laser hair removal of hair-bearing flaps before surgery is thus indicated. For example, myocutaneous flaps used for urethral reconstruction may cause urethral obstruction, calcification, or even infection.
- Cosmetic reasons – This is also noted to be the most common cause of seeking consultation. Facial or body hair over the cultural norm would be very distressing to some patients. Most common areas treated for women are the axilla, bikini line, legs, face, hands, chest, back, excessive beard, shoulder, neck, and ears in men.
What methods do I have for permanent hair removal?
Methods of Laser Hair Removal Agra
Some of the temporary methods for the purpose are:
Shaving/Abrasives: There exists a false assumption that in humans shaving induces hair growth, but the truth is, shaving does not affect the rate or duration of the Anagen phase or diameter of the human hair. Abrasives work to remove hair by physically rubbing them away from the skin surface. However, they are rarely used today.
- Can be done at any time
- Quick and easy process
- Shaving of facial hair is generally shunned by women because of the blunt tip and because of a masculine quality attributed to the act of shaving.
- Frequent treatments because it does not interrupt the Anagen cycle.
- Some side effects are irritation, pseudofolliculitis (with very curly hair and a very close shave).
Plucking/waxing: Epilation does not usually change the rate or duration of growth unless the hair plucked is in Anagen phase, in which case, the duration of the Anagen phase may be contracted. Repetitive plucking may lead to permanent matrix damage and finer, thinner hair later on.
- Quick and easy process
- Techniques are easy to learn can be done in parlours or at home
Plucking: Especially more than one hair at a time may include post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation, folliculitis, pseudofolliculitis, and even scarring. It is very time-consuming.
Waxing: Great discomfort and expense. All epilating techniques require the hair to grow long enough for it to be grasped by the device involved.
All methods need repetitive treatments because it is not destroying the follicle.
- Chemical Depilatories: Chemical depilatories are simple and painless to use. They are readily available and can give results that last up to 2 weeks. The primary potential side effect of depilatories is an irritant dermatitis which can be controlled with decreased frequency of application and lower concentration or pH. Allergic contact dermatitis is rare and may be related to either concomitant fragrance or thioglycolate.
- Radiation: Scalp hair is the most radiosensitive, with a progressive decrease in sensitivity seen with axillary hair, beard, and eyelashes. Telogen hair is much more radioresistant than Anagen hair. The disadvantage is that it is not a selective treatment and has potential hazards and all the side effects of radiation exposure. It is dangerous to repeat the treatments and generally not accepted by patients.
- Photodynamic Therapy: Photodynamic therapy involves the combination of non-ionizing radiation with a topical or systemic photosensitizer. Light of an appropriate wavelength is selectively absorbed by the photosensitizing compound and may then activate the chemical reactions directly or transfer energy to molecular oxygen, producing a reactive intermediate, singlet oxygen.
- Electrolysis: This method is a reasonable means of removing hair. It is short of surgical excision of the hair follicle. Grouping all permanent electrolysis hair removal procedures are analogous to grouping all lasers together as “one” form of treatment without recognizing the inherent differences in the laser medium, tissue effects, and safety issues as well as the importance of fluence and pulse duration. This method includes pain scarring and postinflammatory hypopigmentation or hyperpigmentation. Very long treatment and numbers of sitting required are more than LASER. So, patient compliance is poor.
Permanent Laser Hair Removal Agra
Laser hair removal was cleared by the FDA in 1996.
The laser hair removal Agra is perfect for the removal / reduction of unwanted hair quickly, safely & virtually painlessly forever.
Laser treatment for hair removal is a gentle non-invasive treatment of removing unwanted hair by using Long Pulse Nd: YAG laser or diode laser – both of them are available at Saraswat Hospital.
The laser beam (a focused beam of 1064 nm wavelength) gets absorbed in the melanin of the hair follicle (the growth centre of hair) and increases the temperature up to 70°C before destroying the follicular cells permanently.
All parts of the body can be treated with permanent laser hair removal Agra. In women, the most common areas for treatment are upper lip, chin, sideburns, underarms, arms, legs, and bikini lines. In men, the most common areas are shoulders, back, beard area, and sometimes ears.
How does it work?
The light/laser gets absorbed in the melanin of hair follicle and it increases the temperature to destroy the follicular cells permanently.
In general, laser hair removal Agra takes 4-6 sittings to reduce hair by 60-80%. But the overall results depend on hormonal imbalance, skin type, the colour of hair & skin, and individual hair growth pattern.
The need for multiple sittings is because laser hair removal is most effective for hair which is in the Anagen phase (growth phase). Since hair grows in cycles, not all of the hair is in Anagen at any given time. Additional sessions are necessary to catch all of the hair when they are in Anagen.
My Queries Related to Laser Hair Removal Agra
Are there any special precautions before laser treatment for hair removal?
It’s important not to remove hair by waxing, threading or creams at least 2 weeks before laser treatment for hair removal, even bleaching is not recommended.
Any discomfort or pain?
Our new Zimmer air cooling system is the best cooling system in the world and makes the process virtually painless in case of Nd: YAG JOY laser. The only feeling you may get sometimes is like a rubber band snapping or slightly warm skin sensation. If so, tell your doctor to cool your skin further. The new diode laser has a cold tip, so no external cooling is required.
Are there any risks of laser hair removal?
For a few hours, you may have a slight reddening of the skin and may need a mild steroid cream for a few days. Sun protection is mandatory. Blisters and burns are rare and temporary but occasionally occur, particularly if post-treatment precautions are not followed properly.
What are the choices of lasers for hair removal?
The most common method used for laser hair removal Agra is by photothermal destruction. The lasers used for the same are:
- Normal mode ruby lasers (694 nm)
- Normal mode alexandrite lasers (755 nm)
- Pulsed diode laser (800 nm)
- Long-pulsed Nd: YAG lasers (1064 nm)
- Intense pulsed light source (590-1200 nm)
The long term comparison of different lasers mentioned above shows the most convenient and best performance of the Nd: YAG and DIODE lasers.
Who should be performing the laser hair removal?
You should get it done from an established Cosmetic Surgery Centre with a Plastic Surgeon or a Dermatologist specially trained in Laser field. Patients know their reputations and rely upon their experience and expertise. Consumers are advised, as with all forms of medical care, to seek the centre of the highest quality, rather than the lowest cost. Laser hair removal requires individual attention, experienced, trained, caring, and professional staff. Experience is crucial in selecting the proper laser parameters to use for any given area for any individual patient. Centres with the most experience generally have the best results. Remember this is a medical procedure and should be selected with the same care you give to selecting a surgeon.
Which is the best laser hair removal centre at Agra?
Saraswat Hospital is the only such clinic that provides laser hair removal Agra at present with the state-of-the-art laser machines.
Dr. Satya Saraswat is a Plastic & Cosmetic Surgeon with M.B.B.S., M.S (Surgery), M.Ch.(Plastic Surgery), and D.N.B.(Plastic Surgery-Gold Medal). He is the chief consultant with extensive exposure to Laser procedures. He is the first doctor to bring Cosmetic Laser Surgery facilities in the Agra Region. He is the first Doctor of Agra to be a Lifetime Member of Indian Association of Cosmetic Laser Surgeons.
Dr. Preeti Saraswat is the Chief Cosmetologist at Saraswat Hospital. She is a Member of the American Association of Aesthetic Medicine(AAAM) and the Indian Association of Cosmetic Laser Surgeons(IACLS). She is an Associate Member of the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgeons (ISHRS). She has profound experience in various cosmetic and aesthetic procedures with special training in laser treatments.