Laser Hair Removal India
Do you suffer from unwanted hairs?
You may be seeking hair removal for any of these causes:
- Increase in hair growth or hypertrichosis that is not androgen dependent. It may be caused by the intake of certain medications like phenytoin, cortisone, etc. or a variety of diseases such as porphyria, thyroid disorders, etc.
- Hirsutism i.e. growth of terminal hair in women in androgen dependent areas of the body such as upper lip, chin or chest. The most common cause of hormonal excess is PCOD- poly cystic ovarian disease, estimated to occur in 1-5%of the female population of reproductive age. It may be accompanied by acne, androgenetic alopecia and acanthosis nigricans.
- Hair bearing flaps used for reconstruction of any site, may contain unwanted hairs which may interfere with normal function. laser hair removal of hair bearing flaps before surgery is thus indicated. for example, myocutaneous flaps used for urethral reconstruction may cause urethral obstruction, calcification or infection.
- Cosmetic reasons – most common cause of seeking consultation. Facial or body hairs in excess of the cultural norm would be very distressing to some patients. Most common areas treated for women –
axilla, bikini line, legs, face, hands, chest, back, excessive beard, shoulder, neck and ears in men
What methods do I have for permanent hair removal?
Methods of Hair Removal
These all are the temporary methods
- Shaving / abrasives: There exists a false assumption that in humans shaving induces hair growth but shaving does not affect the rate or duration of anagen phase or diameter of human hair.Abrasives, work to remove hair by physically rubbing the hair away from the skin surface, they are rarely used today.
Any time can be done
Quick and easyDisadvantage: Shaving of facial hair is generally shunned by women because of blunt tip and because of a masculine quality attributed to the act of shaving.
Frequent treatment because it does not interrupt the anagen cycle.
Some side effects are irritation, pseudofolliculitis (with very curly hair and a very close have)
- Plucking / waxing: epilation does not usually change the rate or duration of growth unless the hair plucked is in anagen, in which case the duration of anagen may be contracted. Repetitive plucking may lead to permanent matrix damage and finer, thinner hair later on.Advantage: Quick and easy
Techniques easy to learn can be done in parlors or at home.Disadvantage:
Plucking : Especially more than one hair at a time may include post inflammatory hyperpigmentation, folliculitis, and pseudofolliculitis and even scarring. It is very much time consuming.
Waxing: great discomfort and expense. All epilating techniques require the hair to grow long enough for the hair to be grasped by the device involved.
All methods need repetitive treatments because it is not destroying follicle.
- Chemical Depilatories: Chemical depilatories are simple and painless to use readily available and can give results that last up to 2 weeks.The primary potential side effect of depilatories is an irritant dermatitis which can be controlled with decreased frequency of application, lower concentration or pH.Allergic contact dermatitis is rare and may be related to either concomitant fragrance or to the thioglycolate.
- Drugs: A new agent eflornithine hydrochloride acts an inhibitor of ornithine decarboxylase as this enzyme is required for dihydrotestosterone production of polyamines necessary for hair matrix cell proliferation. This can be used as an adjuvant therapy with lasr too.
- Radiation: Scalp hair is the most radiosensitive, with a progressive decrease in sensitivity seen with axillary hair, beard, eyelashes. Telogen hair are much more radio resistant than anagen hair. The disadvantage is, it is not a selective treatment and has potential hazards and all the side effects of radiation exposure.It is dangerous to repeat the treatments and generally not accepted by patients.
- Photodynamic Therapy: Photodynamic therapy involves the combination of non-ionizing radiation with a topical or systemic photosensitizer. Light of an appropriate wavelength is selectively absorbed by the photosensitizing compound and may then activate the chemical reactions directly or transfer energy to molecular oxygen, producing a reactive intermediate, singlet oxygen.
- Electrolysis: This method is reasonable means of removing hair. It is a short of surgical excision of the hair follicle. Grouping all permanent electrolysis hair removal procedures together is analogous to grouping all lasers together as “one” form of treatment without recognizing the inherent differences in the laser medium, tissue effects and safety issues as well as the importance of fluence and pulse duration.This method include pain scarring and postinflammatory hypopigmentation or hyperpigmentation. Very long treatment and number of sitting required are more than LASER. So patient compliance is poor.
Laser Hair Removal Permanent
Laser hair removal was cleared by FDA in 1996.
Removal / Reduction of Unwanted Hairs Quickly, Safely & Virtually painlessly forever.
Laser treatment for hair removal is a gentle non-invasive treatment of removing unwanted hairs by using Long Pulse Nd: YAG laser or Diode laser – both of them are available at saraswat hospital.
Laser beam (a focused beam of 1064 nm wavelength) gets absorbed in the melanin of the hair follicle (the growth centre of hair) and increases the temperature up to 70°C and destroys the follicular cells permanently.
All parts of the body can be treated with permanent laser hair removal in Agra. In women the most common areas for treatment are upper lip, chin, sideburns, underarms, arms, legs and bikini line. In men, the most common areas are shoulders and back, beard area and sometimes ears.
How does it work?
The light/laser gets absorbed in the melanin of hair follicle and it increases the temperature to destroy the follicular cells permanently.
In general, laser hair removal takes 4-6 sittings to reduce hairs by 60-80%. But the overall results depend on hormonal imbalance, skin type, colour of hair & skin and individual hair growth pattern.
The need of multiple sittings is due to the fact that laser hair removal permanent is most effective for hair which is in the anagen phase. Anagen is the growth phase of hair. Since hair grows in cycles, not all of the hairs are in anagen at any given time. Additional sessions are necessary to catch all of the hairs when they are in anagen.
My Queries for Laser Hair Removal in Agra
Any special precaution before laser treatment for hair removal?
It’s important not to remove hairs by waxing, threading or creams at least 2 weeks prior to laser treatment for hair removal in Agra, even bleaching is avoided.
Any discomfort or pain?
Our new Zimmer air cooling system is the best cooling system in the world and makes the process virtually painless in case of nd:yag JOY laser. Only feeling which you may get sometimes is like rubber band snapping or slight warm skin sensation, if so, tell your doctor to cool your skin further. The new diode laser has a cold tip. so no external cooling required.
Any risks of laser hair removal?
For a few hours you may have slight reddening of skin and may need a mild steroid cream for a few days. Sun protection is mandatory. Blisters and burns are rare and temporary but occasionally occur, particularly if post treatment precautions are not followed properly.
What are the choices of lasers for hair removal?
Most common method of laser hair removal is by photothermal destruction. the lasers used for the same are:
- normal mode ruby lasers (694 nm)
- normal mode alexandrite lasers (755 nm)
- pulsed diode laser (800 nm)
- long pulsed Nd:YAG lasers (1064 nm)
- intense pulsed light source (590-1200 nm)
Long term comparison of different lasers mentioned above shows most convenient and best performance of Nd:YAG laser and DIODE laser.
Who should be doing Laser Hair Removal for you?
You should get it done from an established Cosmetic Surgery Centre with a Plastic Surgeon or a Dermatologist specially trained in Laser field. Patients know their reputations and rely upon their experience and expertise. Consumers are advised, as with all forms of medical care, to seek the center of highest quality, rather than lowest cost. Laser hair removal requires exacting science, individual attention, experience, and a trained, caring, professional staff. Experience is crucial in selecting the proper laser parameters to use for any given area for any individual patient. Centers with the most experience generally have the best results. Remember this is a medical procedure, and should be selected with the same care you give to selecting a surgeon.
Which is the laser hair removal centre at Agra?
Saraswat Hospital is the only such hair removal clinic in Agra at present with the state-of-the-art laser machines.
Dr Satya Saraswat is a Plastic & Cosmetic Surgeon with M.B.B.S., M.S.(Surgery), M.Ch.(Plastic Surgery), and D.N.B.(Plastic Surgery-Gold Medal). He is the chief consultant with extensive exposure to Laser procedures. He is the first doctor to bring Cosmetic Laser Surgery facilities in Agra Region. He is the first Doctor of Agra to be a Life Member of Indian Association of Cosmetic Laser Surgeons.
Dr. Preeti Saraswat is the Chief Cosmetologist at Saraswat Hospital. She is a Member of American Association of Aesthetic Medicine(AAAM), Indian Association of Cosmetic Laser Surgeons(IACLS). She is an Associate Member of International Society of Hair Restoration Surgeons(ISHRS). She has profound experience in various cosmetic and aesthetic procedures.