Body Hair Transplant India
Body hair transplant India is an innovative technique used for those people who cannot go through a typical FUT (Follicular Unit Transplantation) or FUE (Follicular Unit Excision) procedure because of poor donor hair on the scalp.
As an advanced take on the typical FUE surgery, through the body hair to head technique, thousands of grafts are harvested from various parts of the body such as the shoulders, arms, legs, chest, beard, and stomach.
Saraswat Hospital, Agra, is run by doctors certified from the American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery (ABHRS) with over 17 years of experience in the field, aware of how to use modern equipment to perform such intricate procedures.
What are the Benefits of Undergoing Body Hair Transplant India?
The BHT (Body Hair Transplant) procedure is ideal for those who don’t want to grow their hair long and are content with short hair since more often than not, the transplanted grafts don’t grow beyond 8 centimetres. However, the body hair transplant India procedure has several advantages that include:
- An endless pool of donor hair making patients with severe baldness also potential candidates for the surgery.
- There will always be donor hair left for future hair transplant surgeries if required.
- It allows the professional to opt for a more definitive design as the hair follicles from the body are finer, thereby bringing precision to the table.
- No linear scarring and an extremely quick recovery time.
- Being ideal for performing eyelash and eyebrow transplantation as well.
- Making unwanted hair on the body be useful for the hair transplant surgery on the scalp
What are the Indications for Undergoing Body Hair Transplant India?
At Saraswat Hospital, our professionals perform a thorough examination of the patient during the first consultation to see if the patient is suitable for the body hair transplant India procedure or not. These examinations include blood tests to see the patient is in prime physical health and a computerized software-based Trichoscopy analysis that determines the condition of the follicles on the scalp, the reason for hair thinning, the area to be treated, and the number of follicles required to bring the required density to the area. This analysis also allows the professional to come up with a customized treatment plan for the patient that would give them the best results. Some of the indications that make it possible to undergo the procedure include:
- An advanced level of hair loss as per the Norwood Hamilton scale with limited to no donor follicles and enough torso and beard hair.
- Previously performed hair restoration surgeries that have resulted in the depletion of the donor area of the scalp and botched-up results.
- The requirement for camouflaging any donor area scar post FUT surgery.
- The combination with a regular scalp transplant procedure to augment the coverage and getting a higher density of hair on the head.
Who is the Ideal Candidate for Body Hair Transplant India?
Since body hair transplant in Indiais a specialized procedure that only professionals with enough experience know how to perform the best, there is a different technique used to determine its eligibility criteria. This technique is known as the TDI (Torso Donor Index) which is a culmination of five criteria that include:
- The density of hair being > 40 FUs per square centimetre
- The similarity between the hair found in the head and body
- The number of follicular units with 2 to 3 follicles
- The size of the donor area
- The natural length of the body hair
In case the TDI results come up as < 4, the patient automatically becomes ineligible for the body hair transplant procedure. In case the results are somewhere between 5 to 8 and more, the individual is eligible.
What is the Procedure for a Body Hair Transplant Performed by Experts?
Body hair transplant Indiais typically performed through an advanced Follicular Unit Excision (FUE) technique which is divided into 2-time blocks – the extraction of grafts and the placement of grafts. To undergo the procedure, the patients have to shave the donor area around 2 to 7 days ago so that the strongest hair is used for the surgery and only those in their active growth (Anagen) phase are extracted.
At Saraswat Hospital, our experts perform the surgery under local anaesthesia where straight and small punch excisions are made with a low-RPM low-torque device, of 0.9mm to 1mm in size, on the donor area for extraction. The wounds in the area typically heal within 4 to 5 days and don’t leave any visible linear scars in their place.
During the procedure, follicular grafts are extracted from the donor area and then implanted to the recipient balding site on the scalp. The harvested grafts might also need extra refinement in the process of removing excess skin or fat from their roots before being transplanted to the recipient area. The newly transplanted follicles might fall out in 2 weeks as your body goes through a ‘shock loss’ period, but they will grow back soon enough and keep growing lifelong. With time, body hair doesn’t change their structure after transplantation, but they adapt to the scalp hair structure soon enough.
Some of the key success factors of the body hair transplant India at Saraswat Hospital include:
- The exact extraction of hair follicles
- The body hair growth cycle
- The compatibility of the body and head hair
- The correct preparation of the FUs (Follicular Units)
- The hydration and storage of the extracted grafts
- The optimal implantation on the scalp after considering the direction of growth and the arrangement of grafts to obtain the natural hairline.
How does Body Hair Transplant Help in Scar Repair?
If we have to speak about all the good aspects of body hair transplant in India, we should not miss out on the best part of it all – it helps in scar repair. If you have gone through a major accident that caused scarring or had a previously botched-up surgery rendering you without any donor hair that would cover the area, the body hair transplant can help with the condition. Patients often require corrective surgery on slot formations, strip scars, unsightly punch grafting marks, or hairline scars from a flap surgery that a body hair transplant at Saraswat Hospital, Agra, can effectively treat.