Hair Transplantation India
BEST HAIR TRANSPLANT IN INDIA
By nature everyone wants to look good – “nothing tastes as good as looking good feels”. What if baldness comes between you and your perfect look? Well! Saraswat Hospital can proudly acclaim that it offers the complete range of state-of-the art hair transplantation services in India. The surgery can be to put in very simple terms stated to be being able to put donor grafts to the recipient area so that the patient gets back his lost hair
HOW DO WE DO HAIR TRANSPLANT
Every patient gets information at length about their queries. A thorough history of chief complaints is taken including family history, medical & surgical history and so on
They undergo a detailed hair analysis, which tells us –
1. The oily or dry nature of scalp with a photographic record
2. Whether he has any dandruff, damaged hair, scaliness of scalp, lesions like eczema, psoriasis, atopic dermatitis with dry or oily nature of scalp with a photographic record
3. Whether the patient has a patterned or unpatterned hair loss
4. Is the hair loss due to wound, scald or infection on the scalp?
5. Is there a condition in the scalp in which round patches of hair appear at one part or several parts?
6. Is the body hair, especially from the eyebrow, also decreasing?
7. The width of hair in all the different regions of the scalp can be calculated giving us a fair idea as to
- What is the percentage of scalp hair in vellus, intermediate and terminal stages?
- What percentage of hair is going to get benefitted by medical treatment, what percentage of hair is bound to fall down and therefore, what are the prospects of hair transplant in the patient concerned.
- What should be the expected thickness of hair in the transplanted zone.
8. The density of hair in all the regions of hair can be calculated, which will actually enable us to quantify the no. of grafts available for transplantation from the donor region.
Hair line designing is done by the best doctor for hair transplant in India with the consent of the patient and by making special attention to
– An irregular and a wavy anterior that makes the hairline look more natural
– A soft and ill-defined anterior transition zone of the transplanted area to build the natural density gradually. A dense hairline looks unnatural.
– A good mid frontal forelock is given to the patient for best results.
Detailed information is then given about the before and after hair transplant do’s and dont’s
A WORD ABOUT ANAESTHESIA TO YOU
We usually follow the time tested practice of administering ring block anaesthesia. That is the term for circumferential injection of local anaesthetics to anaesthetise the space within by a 31 gauage needle. We take the help of Blaine’s vibrator device to minimize the pain bearing sensation of even the minutest of pricks.
It is to be noted that the method of graft extraction differs in the form of FUE or FUT.
The methods for slit making and graft implantation do not differ for the same patient.
SARASWAT HOSPITAL in Agra specialises in all aspects of hair restoration procedures, and offers both FUE and FUT for its patients and the decision is based on the understanding and assessment of the patient.
A word about FUE first, it being a relatively new technique-
It is a new advanced hair transplantation technique of extracting individual grafts from the scalp and involves a small round punch device of 0.75 to 1.3 mm size to extract individual Follicular Units using a specialized low-torque motorized machine.
WHAT IS SAFE DONOR ZONE AND WHY AT ALL DO WE NEED IT
These are the hair of your scalp which would not be affected by the androgenetic alopecia pattern of your hair loss.
Since they do not usually fall off from their place at the back of the head and retain their quality, they stay healthy when transplanted in the front of the scalp or anywhere in the scalp.
Advantages of FUE by the physician over the Robot:
– Can be done in White hair too
– Non-shaven(the future)
– Can harvest complex grafts
– Lower follicle transection rate
– Our machine displays the number of grafts punched and therefore, the patient can always know as to how many grafts have been punched.
The FUE hair transplant in India enables the creation of large donor pools since it empowers the physician to take grafts from the beard and other areas of the body too.
What are the intricacies of a successful FUE hair transplant procedure or you?
- On the donor site- After taking a reasonable number of grafts, the donor site looks fine.
- On the recipient site – A reasonably good hairline that suits your face with the best density of hair you can have overall and in the most important mid frontal region. The hairline offers natural direction and angulation.
Now a word about the other method of hair graft harvesting –
FOLLICULAR UNIT TRANSPLANTATION (FUT)
The term is actually a misnomer but the meaning it implies is that a strip of hair bearing scalp when taken from the back of the head and cut into thin slivers, is further divided into individual follicular units that are ready to be transplanted into the recipient site.
It is the older hair transplantation technique, which with time has undergone a few advancements-
- Skin laxity can be measured before the procedure by a laxo meter wherein the surgeon can be reasonably sure that there is enough elasticity in the scalp skin. This can be approximated after cutting of 1cm wide strip in the mid occipital region.
- Trichophytic closure- Suturing the upper and lower ends of the scalp edges in such a fashion that hair grow out through them. Thus, the already thin scar becomes virtually inconspicuous.
- MODIFIED FUT TECHNIQUE BY DR SATYA SARASWAT– Presented by him in the 24th World Congress of the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery, Las Vegas, USA in October 2016. He showed how using this hair transplant technique, the strip can be taken out by using the minimum of efforts and involving less bleeding. Moreover, the FUT technique can preserve the underlying neurovascular bundles very carefully.