Hair loss and hair fall not only affect the entire look of a person, but it also takes a toll on their confidence. “Alopecia Areata” or sudden hair loss has turned out to be a condition that can make someone a subject of ridicule in front of others. That is why it is no longer uncommon to see people opting for hair restoration procedures. Identification of the correct reasons for hair fall is the first step towards successful treatment. However, there are still many steps of diagnosis to go.
Basic diagnosis for a hair restoration surgery
The surgeons ensure they perform several tests to be sure of the type of treatment best suitable for you. Before zeroing on a type of hair restoration surgery, many tests are done to find out the exact cause of your hair fall. Some of them include:
1. Blood Test: This is a tried and tested formula to find out if a problem in your inner body or abnormalities in the blood are the reasons for your sudden hair fall.
2. Pull Test: Through this test, the surgeon will pull out several dozens of hair from the existing portions of it, to determine which stage are you on in the shedding process. This would help in analyzing and fixing the number of sittings that are needed.
3. Biopsy of the Scalp: After scraping samples from the skin and a few strands of hair from the scalp, the doctor undergoes a thorough examination of it. This is the best way to understand if the reason for your hair loss is an infection on your scalp or not.
4. Light Microscopy: Through this process, the surgeon utilizes a specially designed instrument to examine the hair trimmed at the bases. This will help them to figure out all disorders of the hair shaft.
Immediate remedies using hair restoration procedures
There are several effective and permanent hair restoration procedures available through surgical, and non-surgical means. Widely, a hair restoration surgery means the extraction of hair follicles from one part of the scalp to insert it to the balding area. The place from where the follicles are extracted is called the “donor area,” and the place where it is inserted is known as the “recipient area. ” The surgery can be conducted in two different techniques:
1. FUE: Follicular Unit Extraction or FUE is a process where the follicles of hair are directly extracted from the scalp using a 0.9 mm round punch device. It can treat small areas as well.
2. FUT: Follicular Unit Transplantation or FUT is a method where a strip of scalp that contains hair is taken from which the follicles are extracted. This procedure is known to leave a scar on the scalp as well.
Both these methods are known to provide natural-looking permanent results. The best part of these hair restoration procedures is that they offer no side effects, as the patient’s follicles are used to perform the surgeries.
ABHRS certified doctors are the best option
Since hair restoration surgery is known to bring in permanent results, it is always suggested that you get it done by experts. Saraswat Hospital provides hair loss treatment in Agra, India by surgeons certified from the American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery (ABHRS).
Dr. Preeti Saraswat is the Chief Clinical Cosmetologist of the hospital who has finished her Post Graduate Diploma in Clinical Cosmetology from Germany. She has also received special training in laser surgery.
Dr. Satya Saraswat is the Medical Director of the hospital who is a gold medalist and was awarded by the Honorable Health Minister of India. He has multiple qualifications like MBBS, D.N.B, MS, and M.Ch as well.
Hair fall and all the problems associated with it can become the reason for suffering for a lot of you. Take a step ahead and go for hair restoration surgery. Get in touch with us to book an appointment and know more.