Hair transplant India, performed by the best doctor in India, is typically an outpatient procedure where the patient gets released right after the surgery. Well, more often than not, the patient gets to go back to his daily routine by the next day itself, but the doctor suggests a list of instructions the patient has to follow to get the best results. This blog would give you a brief idea about the instructions you would have to follow when it comes to undergoing the transplant surgery.
What is Hair Transplant Surgery?
Androgenetic Alopecia or hair loss is a condition that can happen to people across genders and age groups because of its genetic nature. Transplant surgery, however, is the best solution to the problem. Through this procedure, healthy hair follicles are taken from the back of the head (also known as the safe donor area) and then implanted to the recipient or balding site.
This procedure can be performed in two techniques – the FUT (Linear Excision Method), where a strip of scalp is taken from the donor area and then slivered to get the healthy hair follicles; and the FUE (Follicular Unit Excision), where a low-torque low-RPM round punch excision device is used to extract the follicles.
In any case, if the donor area doesn’t have enough follicles to donate to the recipient site, professionals perform the surgery using follicles from different areas of the body. The results of the procedure are natural and thus, ABHRS certified experienced doctors should always be consulted for the surgery who will perform several blood tests to provide customized treatment to the patients.
Pre and Post Hair Transplant Instructions
The results of the hair transplant India procedure depend on a lot of factors, but one of the things that affect the same is the way you follow all the instructions given by the doctors. Some of the most common pre-treatment instructions you need to follow are:
- Try to avoid any anti-inflammatory medicines or aspirin.
- Don’t smoke or drink for at least a week or two before the surgery to ensure the effects don’t harm the recovery rate.
- Wash the head on the day of the surgery and don’t use any chemical hair products after.
- Don’t cut the hair on the side or back of your head before the surgery.
- Since this is an outpatient procedure, try to wear loose-fitting clothes or those with buttons so that you can wear it right after the surgery and go home.
Once the surgery is complete, as you are home, some of the things you need to follow are:
- Don’t wash your head the very next day as it might affect the implantation on the recipient area.
- You can use the spray bottle provided by the hospital to evenly spread saline water on your hair at every two-three hours for around fix to seven days after the surgery.
- Try not to go for any strenuous physical activity that might put stress on you and make you sweat for at least a week after the procedure. You can, however, perform your regular activities as usual.
- Try not to touch or fiddle with the transplanted grafts after the surgery.
- You can wear a loose surgical cap on the head when you are outside but when you are at home, or are going to sleep, remove the cap.
ABHRS certified surgeons performing the procedure at Saraswat Hospital
As one of the most widely renowned hospitals for hair transplant in Agra,Saraswat Hospital is led by two of the most crucially acclaimed surgeons – Dr Satya Saraswat and Dr Preeti Saraswat. With seventeen years of experience in the field, both of them are diplomates of ABHRS (American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery). Saraswat Hospital is also one of the rare places in India that offers the UGraft™ Punch method during a transplant surgery for best results.
Dr Preeti Saraswat has an MBBS and a Post Graduate Diploma in Clinical Cosmetology from the University of Greifswald, Germany. She has undergone several years of training for laser treatments and continues to enrich her knowledge to give the most natural-looking results to the patients.
Dr Satya Saraswat has an MS, MBBS, DNB, and M.Ch in Plastic Surgery. As the Medical Director of the hospital, he also received a Gold Medal from the Health Minister of India for his outstanding contribution to the field of medicine.
Conclusion: Hair Transplant Agra at Saraswat Hospital provides every patient with customized treatment plans so that they receive what they were looking for and more. The constant research the team does on the subject makes them use modern technology to cure Androgenetic Alopecia. In case you want to get in touch with the experts or book an appointment for your transplant surgery, dial +91-9258386320.