Unwanted hair growth on the body can act as a hindrance to reaching the ‘standard beauty goals’ set by society. It can also be extremely irritating for those living in hot and humid places like India. Going for repeated waxing or shaving sessions can result in burns or cuts which can ultimately damage the skin. The best and permanent solution to the problem, however, is undergoing laser hair removal Agra.Having said that, most people are concerned about the way this procedure happens and if at all it is permanent or not. This blog will talk you through each of these aspects.
What causes unwanted hair growth on the body?
The laser hair removal treatment focuses on using wavelengths of light to target the hair follicles on the skin and destroy them using the energy created. Each of these laser hair removal procedures is curated keeping the skin tone, texture, and type of the patient in mind so that they get the best possible results without side-effects. However, to understand why re-growth isn’t possible after the procedure is complete, it is first important to understand what causes such unwanted hair growth on the body. So, let’s get started:
- Pregnancy: Especially in women, laser hair removal isn’t performed when they are pregnant. This is because the sudden surge of hormones inside the pregnant woman’s body can cause the extreme hair growth and using light energy to destroy the follicles at that time might harm both the mother and the child.
- Hormonal Imbalance: Another very important cause of the unwanted hair on the face or body is hormonal imbalance. Before undergoing the procedure, please note if the hair growth is sudden and coincides with symptoms such as weight gain or skin inflammation or not. A professional performing the laser procedure will first clear the patient of all such issues before going ahead.
The important factor for the laser hair removal
Now that you are aware of the various factors that can cause unwanted hair growth on the body, let us understand how to treat the same with lasers. First things first, when it comes to laser hair removal Agra,the professional only targets the hair in its Active-Anagen phase or the stage where the hair is growing, to get the best results. The various stages of hair growth of a person are:
- Anagen: Also known as the growing phase, here, the cells in the papilla start to gap and deliver the hair. The laser is used during this time because this is when it can give vitality to the follicle, thereby destroying the follicle completely. It is also the stage when the hair is at the darkest shade, making it easy to target as well.
- Catagen: In this transitional phase, here the follicles start crumbling and the papilla stops the production of melanin. It then starts separating from the hair to begin the Telogen phase. The hair, thus, starts losing support and lessons.
- Telogen: The final stage of hair growth, this is also called the resting phase. This is where the laser procedure doesn’t work because there is nothing to treat at all.
What to do post-treatment?
Some of the things that you need to ensure for the best results post the procedure to ensure no re-growth include:
- Regular follow-up sessions
- Limited to no exposure to the sun
- Using an ample amount of sunscreen
- Taking lukewarm showers for at least one week
- No using any deodorants or perfumes for around two days
Why consult professionals at Saraswat Hospital for the procedure?
Saraswat Hospital is the most sought-after clinic for laser hair removal Agra as it is run by two of the most successful surgeons in India – Dr Satya Saraswat and Dr Preeti Saraswat. Both the doctors are certified by several international boards and have more than seventeen years of experience, making them always aware of the various updates in the field.
As the Chief Clinical Cosmetologist of the hospital, Dr Preeti Saraswat is an MBBS with a Post Graduate Diploma degree in Clinical Cosmetology from the University of Greifswald, Germany. She has a lifetime membership of the Indian Association of Cosmetic Laser Surgeons and is also a member of the Indian Medical Association, ensuring that she stays updated with all the latest developments in the field to make her provide the best results to her patients.
As the Medical Director of the hospital, Dr Satya Saraswat is an MBBS with MS, M.Ch, and DNB in Plastic Surgery. He has also won a Gold Medal in the field from the Honorable Health Minister of India and specializes in hair transplant and cleft lip and palate surgeries.
Conclusion: Laser hair removal is an aesthetic procedure that gets rid of the unwanted hair from your body permanently without harming the surrounding skin. When performed by experts, the procedure has the best results. Saraswat Hospital provides customized treatment plans for the patient according to their requirements, ensuring no side-effects. The team also provides excellent after-care, making it one of the best hospitals for laser hair removal Agra. In case you want to know more about the treatment and book a consultation with the doctors, get in touch with the hospital.