If we look at the statistics over the years then we will see that around 80% of the recently transplanted hair will fully grow into a strand of hair within the first few months if the surgery is performed by experts. However, if you visit inexperienced doctors for the treatment, the results might not be as fruitful as you want them to. Having said that, with the latest advancement in the field of medicine, you can undergo what is known as a hair transplant repair in India performed by ABHRS (American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery) certified doctors to reverse the effects of the failed transplant. How? Let’s find out!
What do you mean by a failed hair transplant?
Hair transplant is the best solution for those suffering from Androgenetic Alopecia, and is a procedure where healthy follicles are extracted from one part of the scalp that has thicker hair growth and grafted to the areas with thinning or balding. The results of the procedures take around 2 or 3 months to be visible. However, if the results are not visible even after the 4th month, it is considered a failed transplant.
What are the reasons for a failed hair transplant?
Hair transplant, to speak of, is traditionally a painless procedure performed only after administering local anaesthesia on the patient. Some of the reasons why you may suffer from a failed hair transplant, however, are as follows:
- Inexperienced Doctors: It is natural for you to search on the internet and opt for the services that offer cheap deals. But, as the saying goes, all that glitters is not gold, and so, going for cheap deals wouldn’t guarantee the best results. Inexperienced surgeons wouldn’t be aware of the correct procedures and thus expose you to scarring and infections.
- Insufficient Post-Treatment Care: A crucial part of getting the best results out of hair transplant surgery is the post-operative care that you receive from the surgeons. If you don’t follow the instructions properly or the clinic doesn’t give you clear protocols, there are high chances of you landing with a botched-up result.
- Dormant Hair Follicles: The key to a successful hair transplant is the health of the donor follicles used to perform the surgery. If you have dormant hair follicles that don’t have the strength to grow new hair and yet the doctor uses them for the procedure, the results, needless to say, would be disastrous.
Common Signs of a Failed Hair Transplant
As we have understood till now, if you consult doctors who are not skilled enough to perform a hair transplant surgery, you may experience two of the most common problems – the unsightly appearance of hair plugs, progressive hair loss in the future. The indicative signs of a failed hair transplant include:
- Ridging on the hairline.
- Wrong angular direction.
- The low density of the results.
- Lack of an aesthetic look at the treated area and the hairline.
- Prominent scarring on both the donor and recipient area.
- No sign of hair growth after a few months of post-surgery.
- Unnatural results due to the use of larger grafts for the procedure.
Idea Techniques of a Hair Transplant Repair in India
Hair transplant repair in India, performed by ABHRS certified doctors in the field, is the ideal way to reverse the effects of a botched-up surgery. This procedure is performed by the doctors, customized according to the current condition of the patient, to get the best results, and might primarily include three of these techniques:
- Scalp Revision: This procedure includes scalp micropigmentation or SMP to cover the unsightly appearance of scars on the scalp due to the failed surgery by tattooing pigments on the area in small dots.
- Hairline Restoration: This procedure includes a second round of hair transplant surgery to restore the natural look of the hairline. Professionals might also extract donor hair from other parts of the body if the donor site in the scalp is depleted.
- Wrong Graft Extraction: This procedure includes extraction of the wrong grafts placed haphazardly that result in the plug-like appearance to even the scalp out and leave a natural look for the patient.
Why Get in Touch with Experienced Professionals at Saraswat Hospital?
Saraswat Hospital, as the no. 1 hair transplant clinic in India, is run by professionals certified by the American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery (ABHRS), and with over 17 years of experience, they ensure customized services for every patient.
Dr Satya Kumar Saraswat is an MBBS with MS, M.Ch, and DNB (Plastic Surgery) degrees to his credit. As a member of several international boards, Dr Saraswat has left his mark in the plastic surgery sector. He is known to specialize in various kinds of hair restoration surgeries and has also presented his take on a modified FUT technique at the 24th World Congress of ISHRS.
Dr Preeti Saraswat is an MBBS with a PGDCC degree from the University of Greifswald, Germany. She is known for the scalp micropigmentation treatments that she has been rendering to her patients over the years. She is also a member of the American Academy of Aesthetic Medicine (AAAM). She is constantly aware of the latest developments in the field by being in touch with several international boards.
Conclusion: You don’t have to panic if you see disastrous results from a previously undergone surgery as it is, more often than not, damage that can be fixed as you visit the no. 1 hair transplant clinic in India, Saraswat Hospital. To book a consultation with the experts, feel free to get in touch with the team.