Hair transplant surgery is very important for most patients as it is the permanent solution to genetic hair loss. So, it is crucial to consult a doctor before deciding anything so you can take the right steps accordingly. The last thing you would want is the surgery to fail due to any mistake from your end. Saraswat Hospital in Agra offers proper guidance and performs hair transplant surgeries under the supervision of Dr. Satya Saraswat, the best hair transplant doctor in India. Let us focus on things you need to consider before undergoing a hair transplant in this blog today.
Are any Blood Tests Required?
Depending on each patient’s condition, they may need to have some routine blood tests before undergoing a hair transplant surgery. Your hair transplant clinic will let you know if you need any. Some simple tests usually recommended by doctors are CBC, HHCV, PT, APTT, bleeding time, clotting time, HIV ELISA, and ECG (EKG). These tests are done to make sure that the patient does not have any undetected medical issues that may complicate the surgery.
What Precautions Must a Patient Take before the Surgery?
You should take some precautions before a hair transplant surgery if you want the best results, such as:
- It is a must to stop smoking a few days before the procedure. Refrain from smoking at least two weeks before the day of your hair transplant surgery.
- Wash your hair with shampoo for a couple of days before the surgery.
- Do not have any spicy food the day before the surgery.
- Disclose all medications you take to your doctor. Some medications may have to be stopped until the surgery is over.
- Make sure to inform your doctor if you have any allergies.
Getting Ready for the Day of Hair Transplant
There is no need to be tensed about a hair transplant surgery. It is a very simple, painless, minimally invasive surgery that uses local anaesthesia. It means that you can go home the same day, right after the surgery is over. However, it is recommended to avoid any strenuous activities for a few days, until your scalp heals. Here are some tips you can follow:
- There are no restrictions on eating before the surgery. You can have your breakfast or lunch before coming to the clinic.
- If you are coming from outside Agra, you can come on the same day in the morning or you can arrive a day before the surgery as per your choice. You can also travel back on the same day or a night after the surgery as you wish.
- Even if you live in Agra, make proper transport arrangements to go home after the surgery. Keep in mind that you cannot drive, and you cannot use public transport either. It would be best to rent a cab service.
- You may also bring a companion or attendant with you to the clinic on the day of the surgery if you want.
Aftercare is very important after a hair transplant surgery. So, make sure to focus on everything your doctor advises you, and follow them for the next few days.
Why Should You Choose Saraswat Hospital?
Led by internationally recognised doctors with more than 17 years of experience in the field of hair restoration, Saraswat Hospital in Agra is the no. 1 hair transplant clinic in India. The clinic is well known to provide all kinds of hair transplant surgeries using top-notch equipment.
Dr Satya Kumar Saraswat is an MBBS with MS, M.Ch, and DNB in plastic surgery. A member of several international boards, Dr Saraswat is known to be a specialist in various types of hair restoration surgeries. He presented his view on a modern FUT technique at the 24th World Congress of ISHRS.
Dr. Preeti Saraswat is an MBBS and a PGDCC from the University of Greifswald, Germany. A diplomate of ABHRS and a lifetime member of ISHRS, she has over 7 years of experience in hair transplant surgeries. She specialises in scalp micropigmentation.
Conclusion: Going for a hair transplant surgery may seem stressful to many of you, but in reality, it is a very simple treatment with a high success rate. You just need to follow the doctor’s instructions well for the surgery to be a success. Get in touch with the professionals at Saraswat Hospital for more information.