One of the most common problems everyone is facing in today’s time is that of hair fall or hair loss. The reason for this becoming such a critical issue is the increased stress levels of living in the twenty-first century. Regular exposure to polluted areas, usage of helmets for long periods of time and smoking, also account to be a few reasons that escalate hair fall. With the reasons for hair loss being so many, it becomes extremely difficult to tackle all of them at once. Escalating hair loss can tarnish your entire look. That is why one must go for a permanent hair transplant surgery from a reputed hospital.
Hair transplant surgery is referred to the process where the doctors remove follicles of hair from a donor site and inject them to the recipient site” Best known as a process of treating Alopecia, there are two major hair transplant procedures performed by doctors:
- Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE)
- Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT)
When you are going for the FUE technique, it means that individual units of hair follicles are extracted from the scalp using a 0.75 to 1.3mm punch device. These units are transferred to the site where one is facing baldness. This is a new technique that doesn’t include stitching. The end result is neat, and there is no visible scarring.
Hair transplantation in India also had seen an older technique called the FUT. In this method, a strip of the scalp naturally producing hair is taken from the back of the head. Then, the strip is cut into thin pieces and transplanted to the recipient site. This method had visible scarring and a lot of times also resulted in the patient not being able to choose the kind of hairstyle they want. Hair Transplant surgeons, though, still use both these hair transplant procedures as and when they seem fit according to your hair.
The success of hair transplant surgery depends upon two factors:
- The kind of surgery you are about to go through according to your hair
- The doctor performing the surgery
How do you know which doctor is perfect for the job?
There are numerous doctors performing hair transplants on a daily basis. But having said that, there are many patients suffering from after-effects of those surgeries as well. Thus, choosing the right doctor before going for surgery is very crucial.
1. Industry experience and training: The first and foremost thing to check before zeroing in on a doctor is checking their experience and qualifications. Hair transplant surgery is very sensitive and tricky. Techniques like FUE and the latest advancements in the field need regular practice to master. An inexperienced doctor can make the whole surgery go wrong and harm the patients.
2. Industry presence and reputation: To be well versed with the field of hair transplantation, it is imperative that the doctors need to be active members of professional organizations that deal with the cause. Regular updates and research in the field can only help the doctors know more about the subject. Someone who doesn’t know about the latest developments will not be able to find the best solution to the problems of the patients. International Society of Hair Restoration Surgeons (ISHRS) and the American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery (ABHRS) are two well-known hair restoration organizations.
3. Medical Staff: A doctor works best with the type of assistance that they get during surgery. The staff that assists the doctor must be knowledgeable enough to know how the surgery is taking place. Always aim for a clinic that gives you a proper consultation before taking you to the surgery room. If the doctor can give you a thorough detailing of the type of procedure they are going to use on you, know that they know their job well.
Saraswat Hospital is a well-renowned hospital at Agra which provides hair transplant in India by experts. With over 13 years of experience, the chief consultants of the hospital are ABHRS certified, members of ISHRS and are known to be pioneers in the field.
Dr Preeti Saraswat is a Post Graduate Diploma in Clinical Cosmetology, University of Greifswald, Germany, MBBS and trained in laser surgery. She is also a member of the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery (ISHRS) and Indian Association of Cosmetic Laser Surgeons. Dr Preeti Saraswat believes in a customized treatment plan as she sits with the patients, explaining to them the pros and cons of the procedure she is going to work on.
Dr Satya Saraswat is an MS, M.Ch, D.N.B in Plastic Surgery and member of Indian Association of Cosmetic Laser. As a gold medalist in Cosmetic Surgery, he has been awarded by the Honorable Health Minister of India. Dr Satya Saraswat had presented a modified FUT technique at the 24th World Congress of ISHRS, which shows an interesting and effortless way of preserving the underlying neurovascular bundles.
Getting the best hair transplant in India from the best ABHRS certified doctors is no longer a dream all because of Dr Preeti Saraswat and Dr Satya Saraswat. To book an appointment with them and discuss your hair problems, you can contact Saraswat Hospital at +919258386320.