FUT Hair Transplant in India
Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT), now known as the Linear Excision Method, is a surgical technique for hair transplantation where a strip of healthy hair follicle bearing scalp is removed from the donor area to be implanted into the balding parts of the scalp. During FUT hair transplant in India,the 1mm strip of scalp taken for the purpose is slivered under a special microscopic device to extract individual follicular unit grafts for implantation. A single session of FUT can transplant more than 3,000 follicular grafts. The donor area, from which the strip was taken, is finally stitched to a Trichofiblic closure. This is why the FUT procedure is also best known as strip hair transplant surgery.
How does the FUT Hair Transplant Technique Work?
Human beings, in general, typically experience a small amount of hair loss in their lives. The average amount of hair loss often revolves around 50-100 strands in a hair. However, where there is a disruption in the Anagen-Catagen-Telogen hair growth phase due to both internal and external factors, the amount of hair loss might rise to around 200 strands a day. That is when you must visit a specialized professional in the field and gauge the phase of hair loss in the Norwood-Hamilton scale to know the best treatment for the same.
At Saraswat Hospital, we take every patient through a series of blood and physical tests and also make them undergo a thorough Trichoscopy Analysis that can determine the course of action. FUT hair transplant in Indiaworks best when the patient is suffering from genetically induced hair loss – Androgenetic Alopecia. Through this process, ideally performed to cover a receding hairline caused due to hair loss, healthy follicles replace the ones in the balding area to allow hair re-growth on the recipient site.
How is the FUT Hair Transplant in India Performed?
At Saraswat Hospital, the team of professionals who perform the FUT hair transplant in India is led by two of the most renowned ABHRS (American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery) certified surgeons, Dr Satya Kumar Saraswat and Dr Preeti Saraswat, both of whom have over 17 years of experience in the field. A step by step guideline to the procedure would include:
- First, drawing a rough idea of how the hairline is supposed to look like post-surgery. This would also involve marking the area of the extraction.
- Trimming of the hair at the donor site to around 2 millimetres to access the strip better.
- Administering local anaesthesia to the area before moving on with the procedure to numb the effects.
- Cutting the strip of skin from the back of the head (the donor area).
- Removing the individual intact hair follicles from the strip under a microscope and keeping them in a special salt holding solution at the ideal temperature to ensure they stay healthy and alive.
- Suturing back the donor area in a Trichofiblic closure so that there is no problem in new hair growth from the place.
- Inserting the recently extracted hair follicles to the pre-made incisions on the recipient site in the most natural way, keeping in mind the angle of hair growth and the required density of the patient.
- Application of bandages and antibiotics to the scalp to ease the recovery process.
Since the FUT process leaves natural-looking permanent results for the patient, you will be able to see the results of the procedure in only a few months.
What are the Advantages of FUT Hair Transplant in India?
As a traditional method of performing hair transplant surgery that leaves natural results, FUT hair transplant in India has several advantages, such as:
- Maximum hair growth
- Ideal for preserving the donor site
- Higher chance of graft survival
- Time-saving and perfect for severe cases
- More than 3000 grafts can be transplanted in one session
- Ideal for those who have a larger balding area
- Each session uses a large number of grafts which automatically reduces the number of incisions
- A short time of operation if compared to other surgical hair transplant methods
How is the Final Cost of FUT Hair Transplant in India Calculated?
As with any other surgery performed at Saraswat Hospital, the final cost of FUT hair transplant in India is finalized based on factors such as:
- The experience of the surgeon performing the procedure
- The number of hair follicles being transplanted based on the price per graft added to GST
- The extent of balding and the number of sessions required for the desired results
We also offer medical tourism facilities for those patients who are visiting Saraswat Hospital in Agra, India, from any part of the world (or country, for that matter). Our well-trained and experienced patient coordinators take care of all aspects of the visit and that includes all-encompassing services such as a tour of the area, accommodation, and all types of after-surgery requirements.