A widespread recurrence among men and women in the century is hair loss. The fascinating part out here is that the issue is not restricted to people coming from a specific age-group and can also affect people in their early twenties. While there are several products in the market that claim to deliver a solution to hair loss, most of them are temporary. The most suitable way to bring back lost hair, however, has to be with the help of medical science – through a hair transplant surgery. One thing that comes in mind whenever the term “surgery” is mentioned is the high costs associated with it. So, let’s evaluate the authenticity of the myth and breakdown all the factors that contribute to the final hair transplant cost.
Basics of the cost of hair transplant
First things first, there is no fixed chart related to hair transplant pricing. What is there is the base price per graft, on top of which other factors are added. Some of them are:
1. Place where you live: Yes, this is a factor when it comes to fixing the hair transplant cost in India because the area where you live is also interlinked to the availability of the number of experienced surgeons. If there is only one surgeon who provides the service in the nearby area, the cost would be relatively high.
2. Hospital amenities: The hair transplant procedures require the use of several high-end single-use pieces of equipment and state-of-the-art technologies to ensure the best results. The medical centres that can provide all such facilities, all the while maintaining the Safety Standard Procedures (SoPs), would charge a lot more than the ones that do not have the amenities.
3. Experienced surgeons: While we talk about settling on the hair transplant cost in India, we also take into record the background of the surgeon performing it. Having said that, it is recommended that a procedure like hair transplant must be performed only by ABHRS certified doctors.
Advanced features that affect the hair transplant pricing
One of the most influential factors that contribute to hair transplant pricing is the method that the surgeons have chosen for the surgery. The two most popular ways a surgeon can choose from are Follicular Unit Extraction and Follicular Unit Transplantation. Both these procedures are labour and skill intensive and provide natural-looking results.
In FUT, a strip of hair is taken from the scalp, slivered into thin strands and the follicles are separated. Once the extraction from the donor area is complete, the grafting process begins. In FUE, on the other hand, the follicles are straightaway extracted from the scalp using a small punch device. Both these procedures are different from each other, and that results in the usage of different equipment and expertise as well. Some hospitals also provide a combined FUT+FUE procedure for situations that necessitate it.
The second factor that comes into consideration when we speak about the cost of hair transplant is the hair fall stage. The surgeons who are deemed to perform the procedure first run a Trichoscopic Analysis to monitor the density and thickness of hair in the donor site. Once there is an idea about the quality of hair, the stage of hair fall is considered. A combination of both these factors would give a rough estimate of the number of grafts that need to be harvested.
So, the final cost would be a cumulative result of the procedure performed + number of grafts + experience of the surgeon and amenities at the hospital.
What are the potential post-treatment costs that are incurred?
As a patient, there are a lot more things that add to the cost of the treatment offered by the doctor. Those are also known as the “recovery costs” which you might want to think about before your surgery. Some of those include:
1. Intake of antibiotics for reduced risk of infection.
2. Immediate recovery medication for pain (if any).
3. Swelling reduction anti-inflammation medicines.
What’s so special at Saraswat Hospital?
Saraswat Hospital is one of the best hair transplant hospitals in India that is run by two well-known American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery certified doctors.
Dr Preeti Saraswat, the chief clinical cosmetologist of the hospital, is a Post Graduate Diploma holder in the subject. Her personalized treatment to patients has made her one of the most sought after cosmetologists in India.
Dr Satya Saraswat, the Medical Director of the hospital, has an endless list of qualifications. That includes a D.N.B in Plastic surgery, M. S, M.B.B.S, and M.Ch. He has also been an award recipient from the Health Minister of India for his contribution towards the field of medicine.
Conclusion: If you are someone who is suffering from hair loss and are eager to go for a hair transplant but were always sceptical about the high rates, do not be worried anymore. Saraswat Hospital provides the best services at an affordable hair transplant cost. Should you want to know more, get in touch with Saraswat Hospital.